WNWs

Fred Jack

Which keeps Wingnut Wings value up - I'm convinced it's a strategy to allow Peter Jackson to sell the company and make a profit. 

A company that has ceased production of 1/3 of its products, whilst there is still substantial demand and a 2nd hand market where sale prices wildly exceed original purchase prices, is one that many other companies and individuals will want to buy, purely to make a profit.

WNW is quite open about the fact that their kits are not issued in unlimited runs. So it will be natural that kits go temporarily or permanently out of production only to be seen as special additions or however else WNW decides to bring them back. We should be happy that he did not stop at the 1/3 that are out of production and not make anymore. Then they all would be out of production and we could complain about what happened to WNW. I don't see Peter Jackson selling the company during his life time, not many buyers. He could shut it all down tomorrow though and that would be the end of it.

We need to be happy that someone would start a company like this. I don't buy very many of their kits but I am interested in every one they release and pull up the instructions, look at other peoples work etc. I don't have to want to purchase every model to learn from it and enjoy it no more than I have to purchase the art in a museum to enjoy it either.

I just got an email update from Wingnut. There may be a new announcement at the Scale Model Expo.

Edited by Guest

They actually didn't opened up about the limited editions until the LVG and others went out of production. Some of us are retired living on fixed incomes and have to save up for models. WnWs was releasing as much as six different planes at a time. By the time we saved enough to purchase all six, one or two got sold out. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me which ones to buy first so I wouldn't miss any. Another problem is only part Wnw's fault, but hard on everyone else are buyers that buy kits in large quantities and jack up the prices to sell on EBay for over 100% of the suggested retail price of the model after it sold out. If a company is going to have a limited run, it shouldn't allow mass buying of their kits to large suppliers to pevent the true hobbiests from being able to have one of each type. 30% is a high percentage and I'm sure it will get much higher, just like the 2/3rds full glass will get emptied eventually.

Edited by Fred Jack

I like that "glass is half (or 2/3) full" attitude, sir!! I still won't buy any of them beyond the two I own, but way to be positive!

I also own two and don't intend to buy any at the moment. I'n trying to work out just how fortunate that makes me - 2/3 in production, far more than I need and I'm not buying any. Sounds like I'm a winner all round

I'm more interested in trying to find a HobbyCraft 1:32 SPAD XIII, or LeRhone or Clerget Camel

Richard

Incidentally, I also struggle to afford the WNW kits, which makes the whole thing about availability rather unimportant. I can't afford a Bugatti Type 25 either

Email from WNW...maybe we are getting a Dr.I!

'If everything goes according to plan between now and 21 April we should also have something else to announce at the show, so keep your eyes open. If that doesn't work out then there's always the Shizuoka Hobby Show in Japan on 10-14 May.'

Knowing WNW, it could be a Dr.I, or it could be some obscure German twin seater.