WNWs

Fred Jack

If the DR.1 is not Peter Jackson's cup of tea, he should be smart enough to realize the profits from the DR.1 can be used to make 5 obscure future subjects that he might prefer.

Peter Jackson is worth in the region of $450m - I'm sure that, if he wants to, he can afford to pop out ten obscure kits without needing the profits from a Dr.I to do so.

We sure do have some children on this site. Poor babies, :crying: you cannot afford to buy all his kits you want before the production line runs out? Too bad but that is life. 

My advice is GROW UP.

Life is full of frustrations. If you want to buy an expensive car but you cannot afford it do you write nasty things about the company?

I'd like to buy those 4 engine bomber kits some other companies are producing but I cannot afford them. I do not whine like a four year old child. I live without them.

A guy starts up a company at his own expense to produce a superior line of kits that fills a niche (WW1 aircraft) and you start making demands of him?

What effrontery! 

If you don't like the way he runs his company do not buy from him. But he does not owe you anything. He is not your parent or an indulgent uncle or aunt.

You forget your pill again this morning Stephen ?

e13I4iM.gif

;)

It's a no brainer for WNW to finally just pop out the DR 1 and get it over with.

It will be a phenomenal sales success and the after market will go crazy with decals and everything else you can think of for it.

If the DR.1 is not Peter Jackson's cup of tea, he should be smart enough to realize the profits from the DR.1 can be used to make 5 obscure future subjects that he might prefer.

WNW waited years to kit the Camel. They make short runs of kits and don't bother making anymore after they sell out, despite used prices doubling. They ignore subjects like the Be.2, DH.4, Curtis Jenny, 1 & 1/2 Strutter, various Nieuport's, SPAD's, Aviattik's, Halberstadt's etc that would sell in large volumes., They practically ignore ALL French, Italian and Austro-Hungarian aircraft. They kit aeroplane kits nobody was waiting for, like the DFW C.V or Roland C.IIa, Junkers D.I and Sopwith Snipe. They don't bother with special editions, 10 years after announcing them. They don't bother with resin crewmen, 10 years after announcing them. They waited 8 years before opening up to the retail sector. They spent 7 years giving kits  with free shipping, all the way from New Zealand to anywhere on the planet.

In short, this is not a company that cares too much in maximising profits. 

WNW waited years to kit the Camel. They make short runs of kits and don't bother making anymore after they sell out, despite used prices doubling. They ignore subjects like the Be.2, DH.4, Curtis Jenny, 1 & 1/2 Strutter, various Nieuport's, SPAD's, Aviattik's, Halberstadt's etc that would sell in large volumes., They practically ignore ALL French, Italian and Austro-Hungarian aircraft. They kit aeroplane kits nobody was waiting for, like the DFW C.V or Roland C.IIa, Junkers D.I and Sopwith Snipe. They don't bother with special editions, 10 years after announcing them. They don't bother with resin crewmen, 10 years after announcing them. They waited 8 years before opening up to the retail sector. They spent 7 years giving kits  with free shipping, all the way from New Zealand to anywhere on the planet.

In short, this is not a company that cares too much in maximising profits. 

And in spite of this, they are probably very highly profitable, as is evidenced by the fact that they have sold out 1/3 of the original line of kits with others no doubt on the way.

I am wondering if this will not be a two-seater Albatros. If my memory's right this was the first airplane of the Red Baron.

I feel this is the most interesting speculation to date. A plane from the start of his flying career...so-to-speak.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski

If I knew I wouldn't ask.

Ford Prefect is the companion of Arthur Dent in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

"He's just this guy, ya know?" is me being a bit norty, it's a quote from the books. So I'm afraid both replies are rather in-jokes if you know the books/radio series/tv/film/records and utterly pointless if you don't

Richard

I'd like to have at least one of every WWl plane in 1/32 that Aurora made in 1/48. What is still missing is a Breguet Bre.14, Albatros Clll, Halberstadt Cl.2, Curtis JN.4 Jenny, and a De Havilland DH.10. I know Hawk initially came out with the Jenny, but after My mom threw away my Aurora models while I was in the Army, Aurora finally came out with the Jenny. As popular the Vickers Vimy was, I'm surprised that no one ever released it larger than 1/72.

Edited by Fred Jack