And Yet Another Tamiya Mosquito

tucohoward

Looking around on my bench this evening I came across the side instrument panel that I had for gotten to install. Took a little finagling but I managed to get it in there. The fuselage is still open under the floor so I was able to glue it from underneath. Could have been worse. Could have found it after the canopy was installed.

Jay

20180404_200027_zpsg9kcwk4g.jpg20180404_200825_zpsmsazorbe.jpg

Beautiful work, Jay!  I love how you got that instrument panel console in there... can't tell it was a late addition, which is the mark of a great fix.  Good luck on meeting the competition deadline but I hope, like you mentioned, it doesn't cause you to rush this beautiful project!

Thanks, fellows! Pace has slowed  a bit as my wife is back from Italy and I was away most of last weekend at MosquitoCon, IPMS New Jersey's event. Nice show and fortunately I picked up a set of Master barrels for this since when I got back I couldn't locate the kit part for the cannon barrels. Glued them to styrene rod, painted, and installed. Also finally assembled this stand. Saw a number guys here using them and got one a few years ago but never really needed it. Very helpful with the size of this plane.

Jay

20180411_210412_zpsvxdwzjiw.jpg20180412_181053_zpse2nxeawg.jpg20180412_185428_zpsz63pmqjz.jpg20180412_190316_zpsofdfvfuj.jpg20180412_190345_zpsmqmpz6bz.jpg

Beautiful build.  The 1/32 Tamiya Mosquito is one of my dream builds.  Every time I see a nice build like this come together I feel like I need to go hide my credit card.

Jeff

Welcome aboard Jeff, best forum on the web. Do not think twice about buying the Mossie it's beautiful.....