Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

Not another Nie. 17? Why couldn't they come out with an early rounded wing tip SPAD Xlll or a SPAD Xll.

I would love to see a SPAD XII, especially with its' 37 mm Semi Automatique Moteur Canon!

It may be "another Nieuport 17", but it could be a high quality one, by the looks of the renderings. You could play with the Roden 24 and make a better 17 with the Hobbycraft kit, but a new one makes me very happy. And I can use the 24 for N.24 subjects.

Tnarg

Frankly, I am very happy we get a new kit of the most significant Nieuport mark. I wrote the same thing when Trumpeter released their new Mig-29 because the only existing kit is just a caricature that has not one single detail that looks like the ones of the full scale airframe! I had a close look at the last airframe in Brussels and can tell you the existing kit just vaguely looks like a Ni-17.

Moreover, if you ever have the opportunity to have a look once at their 1/48th kits, you know this will be a gem that will be very probably comparable to a WnW kit for a more competitive price.

Personally I do not see a single reason to complain as they are testing the waters and if it is a success there is no doubt they will try to fill the gaps WnW does not seem to be interested in.

Personally I do not see a single reason to complain as they are testing the waters and if it is a success there is no doubt they will try to fill the gaps WnW does not seem to be interested in. 

Same tought's over here. Bringing a Nieuport 17 on the market will sure give it's benefits to lot's of modellers. To be honest, last 3 WNW releases where really boring and to me un-interesting subjects, but with this news i'm really happy so, i'm looking forward to this release.

I also think the arrival of a competitor may only have positive effects on WnW strategy. Being in a monopoly position does not push you to stay inventive...

Hopefully it will shift large scale WWI modelling away from being almost exclusively WNW modelling too

Richard

This, and considering that Copper State's website is not secure, they are actually physically located in Latvia, and especially with Chris's experience with their decals on his Revell SPAD XIII build, I am not "holding my breath".

In addition to not committing to UPS, FedEx, etc., here is a copy of their payment policy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We accept EURO (EUR/ €) only.

Minimal order of €10.00.

PayPal payments accepted, please note 5% surcharge* will be added to the final order sum."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note that PayPal would be the only secure way to pay on their website-otherwise you risk credit card theft!

Currently, I am satisfied with the Academy '17 built and currently in my display, and the 1/32 Roden '24, '24bis, and '28's kits in stash.

Honestly, what a peculiar attitude? Is Latvia not a civilised country?

I have ordered via PayPal directly from Copper State on many occasions without any problems. IVe had the privelige of chatting with Edgar and gang on several occasions at Telford. They are a highly respected and regarded outfit in the WW 1 scene. Their figures are terrific as is the Lanchester

You should get out a bit. Latvia is hardly Syria?

I think you meant « almost exclusively German or PC10 Â» , Richard :)

Hubert

Honestly, no. Another forum I'm part of used to be quite a variety of WWI and is now 80-90% WNW

Richard

Edited by RLWP

I have to admit, the PayPal surcharge was not welcomed, but when I contacted them about the decals they responded immediately and are sending a new set so the customer service is good.  

I don't have any experience with their models but the CAD looks very detailed.

I'd be delighted with something between WNW and HobbyCraft/Revell quality at this point...

Chris