Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

I am very excited about this one. I just started the italeri kit (and the shelves it along with all the aftermarket I bought for it). Lol

Would love to see CSM take off as a competitor to WNW and focusing on French and maybe AH subjects would offer some great diversity. If they scale up their 1/48 Caudron G.4. I am so buying one.

Also would love to see a SPAD Sa.2 just because they are whacky and cool.

Zach

• 1 month later...

Has anyone transferred their desire for a WNW little three wing Fokker to CSM as yet?

Not transferred, but definitely aglow!! But then, there's WNW hope since they finally did a Camel "despite" there being "acceptable" (?) kits on the market. I've never understood that strategy as it appears from modelers' consensus that the SPAD and DR.I would surely be great sellers.

Excellent decision by Copper State to explore this scale!

Gene K

Gene K

When I first saw the cad images somewhere else, they were not clearly labeled as CSM. I thought for a while it was a WNW kit. It took some carefull digging to find out Copper State was doing this. It sure looks nice and I personally have been looking for some nice WWI planes to come out that are not just German or Brit.

When I first saw the cad images somewhere else, they were not clearly labeled as CSM. I thought for a while it was a WNW kit. It took some carefull digging to find out Copper State was doing this. It sure looks nice and I personally have been looking for some nice WWI planes to come out that are not just German or Brit.

59_3.jpg

ni17_a6684.jpg

I quite like the first one

Richard

Hopefully it will shift large scale WWI modelling away from being almost exclusively WNW modelling too

Richard

An excellent point. It seems as if modellers are going down the path of ‘if it ain't Wingnut Wings then it aint happening' and that is pretty well all you see of WW1 modelling these days. Glad to see another company giving it a go.

An excellent point. It seems as if modellers are going down the path of ‘if it ain't Wingnut Wings then it aint happening' and that is pretty well all you see of WW1 modelling these days. Glad to see another company giving it a go.

I agree - the Roden kits are very decent models, and at much less than half WNW's prices. Special Hobby's new Fokker D.II is a lovely little kit, and their Neiuport kits are the best 1/32 Neiuport's around! Their Bristol M1.c is a tiny little kit with minimal rigging, and Silver Wings - although inter-war, rather than WWI - produce stunning kits, albeit it a little expensive. 

Special Hobby have a forthcoming Hansa-Brandenburg C.I, which will hopefully lead to other variants.

Only Battleaxe have produced agricultural kits. I've avoided those, plus Aviatic's Balilla, which looks far too finicky to me, as well as a little pricey. But any other 1/32 WWI kits, I'll buy. 

Nope, certainly not me. If CSM were to do the triplane, I'd be compelled to at least investigate it, whereas if WNW did it, I'd just go ahead and grab one (or more).

I simply don't understand this way of thinking. I have Special Hobbies Bristol M.1c on the same shelf as I have my Wingnut kits and you can't distinguish which manufacturer has made which kit. Regardless of the fact that WNW has not made an M.1c, the subject interested me and the kit whilst not quite as nice as what WNW would produce still holds its own against them.

Are we subject builders or are we manufacturer builders.

I really do feel sorry for other manufacturers these days as the modelling community has become a bit blinded to the quality that WNW has afforded us. Yes they have in general raised the standard across the industry but I am tired of hearing about the lack of Triplanes or other subjects from WNW whilst the same and other subjects from different manufactures wither on the vine.

Edited by ericg

I simply don't understand this way of thinking. I have Special Hobbies Bristol M.1c on the same shelf as I have my Wingnut kits and you can't distinguish which manufacturer has made which kit. Regardless of the fact that WNW has not made an M.1c, the subject interested me and the kit whilst not quite as nice as what WNW would produce still holds its own against them.

I really do feel sorry for other manufacturers these days as the modelling community has become a bit blinded to the quality that WNW has afforded us. Yes they have in general raised the standard across the industry but I am tired of hearing about the lack of Triplanes or other subjects from WNW whilst the same and other subjects from different manufactures wither on the vine.

Imagine if WnW got into ww2 or modern jets would we take all of our Tamiya, Trumpy, Italeri etc kits to the nearest swap n sell? Edited by Simmo.b

Special Hobby have a forthcoming Hansa-Brandenburg C.I, which will hopefully lead to other variants.

Special Hobby has had that kit on the list for a while.... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this one in the all black scheme in Czech colors post WWI. I guess I can hope, and hope it isn't a repeat of the TBD on Trumpeter's list.

Regardless of the other kits, I am very happy to see a Copper State Nieuport 17. So many alternatives to build.

Tnarg

Imagine if WnW got into ww2 or modern jets would we take all of our Tamiya, Trumpy, Italeri etc kits to the nearest swap n sell? 

Nope, won't happen :mental:  :mental:  Not on my account although.

It's like ericg say's, WNW isn't the only one making W.W.1 kit's. Indeed, WNW raised the standard quality levels to a height, but that's not the end. There are other good manufacturers that maybe will hop one day onto the W.W.1 carousell.

Yes they have in general raised the standard across the industry but I am tired of hearing about the lack of Triplanes or other subjects from WNW whilst the same and other subjects from different manufactures wither on the vine. 

I'm guilty....... :innocent:  :innocent: ..........but i realize that it's not about which company, which model to fabricate.....WNW has a policy regarding making certain subjects of kit's, so do other manufacturers like CSM, respect that. But like i said, i'm guilty also, let's say i was a little disappointed about the latest WNW releases. So be it, i carry on.

For me it boils down to time and effort. Are the other manus making WWI models decent? Yes, of course. Do other manufactures kits go together like a WnW kit would? No of course not..................this just leads me to my point; for whatever reason I have had a lot of trouble making it to the bench lately, and the thought of doing a subject like this is nice, and I have love for the Brit tripe, but not a big passion for it. 

What I guess my point is, is that I have no doubt that the other manus make a decent kit; AAMOF I have the Voss boxing of the Roden Tripe w/resin stuff and its nice.............but not WnW nice, and with as little time as I put at the bench when even dealing with easy building kits like WnW, I still dont end up with a whole lot of time for modeling, so the thought of dealing with a simple kit that still needs some work along with some included resin, has kept me from starting the Roden boxing.

Now had I had a WnW Tripe, it would have been a nice strictly OOB build w/no resin or AM added that I would use for a MoJo booster like most any WnW kits can be. I personally cannot say that about other manufacturers, so for me its just about time.

If I was retired, living alone, or had all day every day to work on models, different story, as I would likely be much more inclined to start something like a Roden Tripe VS a WnW kit.

Of course for me, this doesnt just apply to WWI modeling, this same thing has indeed kept me from starting complex builds of kits I know will take some work of subjects that I like, but may not have real passion for.   

Special Hobby has had that kit on the list for a while.... Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this one in the all black scheme in Czech colors post WWI. I guess I can hope, and hope it isn't a repeat of the TBD on Trumpeter's list.

Regardless of the other kits, I am very happy to see a Copper State Nieuport 17. So many alternatives to build.

Tnarg

On another forum there was a confirmation by Special Hobby that they were NOT going to make a Brandenburg C1 in 1:32th scale! C‘est dommage!

I can assure everyone here that I up to now have had only the best experiences with CSM's customer service!

I am really looking foreward to their Nieuport 17 and pray for some more Frechies and k.u.k. AH stuff!