Copper State Models 1/32 Nieuport N. 17

Kagemusha

On 5/20/2018 at 6:09 PM, Tnarg said:

Lots of crazy Russian, Baltic and other small air force subjects exist for the 17. Check out the Russian Aviation Colors books, which are now 3/4 translated into English (volumes 1 to 3 out of 4). There are enough weird and fascinating profiles in that set and the Flying Machines Press book on The Imperial Russian Air Service to create five or ten decal sheets in 1/32, and that doesn't even need to include those red stars for someone with a Cold War phobia of those pesky things.

The French had some interesting decoration too, but you'd need to go to a Nieuport 11 to put the "boxing bunny rabbits" insignia worn by a Bulgarian machine. You actually can't make up stuff as strange as what really happened, but it is fun to try.

Tnarg

edit: or was it Romanian bunny rabbits? can't recall right now, both look pretty interesting.

I'll have to look into those books, so thanks a bunch for that.

WnW’s operation is discussed at length in this excellent podcast...

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/podcast/on-the-bench/id1262869310?mt=2&i=1000414450000

worth listening to.. It explains concisely why they pick the subjects they do and out of that you learn to understand that no amount of forum ‘discussion’ will really influence that process...

HTH

John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

available to pre-order from their site, 67€ as a special price, which looks as a good value for money

http://www.copperstatemodels.com/main/productsCS/1/2

jan

Yes, that's a bit less than $78 US.

If WNW was doing this kit, it would likely be priced at $79 (what they offer a lot of their small, single seaters at) so that price from Copper State seems well calculated.

The CAD renderings seem to suggest a WNW level of detail and their instruction manuals will be in color as well.

Can't wait to see how this product compares to WNW all the way around.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 1:24 AM, Kagemusha said:

Available to pre-order at Hannants with price and decal options;

Early

Late

£67.49 - very well priced indeed, I'm in for one of each. 

I feared an Aviattic level pricing of £150+, which is too rich for a single seat fighter, so this is marvellous.

However, I fear those expecting WNW quality will be disappointed. It'll be good, but not that good.

True, but they're not RFC, nor anything else: as we've seen there are many possibilities. But I shouldn't grumble, I'm looking forward to seeing the kit in the plastic.