Plasto

Revell F4F Wildcat

At the end of last year I had a hankering to build something 'big'.  Big being relative as I mainly build 1/48 or less frequently 1/72..

I had a troll though the stash and hit upon the old Revell F4F-4 Wildcat.. It was the 'Smithsonian' boxing and I got it for not much $$ and it came with some Microscale Decals..

I built it OOB added not much in the way of extra detail corrected not much and had a lot of fun...

Here it is in all of it's glory...

resized_1f419972-c551-41cb-bff1-60ca23ab

resized_d055afec-ca8f-4d9c-9913-daa5580b

resized_21926fcc-2664-42a1-a259-8bb2e8e3

The hardest part ( apart form suppression of AMS) was not loosing detail / panel line on the spine and belly when sorting the seams.. Impossible to do with raised panel lines and detail.. In the end I added in panels over the sorted seams from foil tape to reinstate the panel effect on the fuselage...

27177108649_d1f5018849_z.jpg

Im sure not up to usual LSP standards but fun..

Cheers

John

I have this kit. Several times I've looked through it with the intention of selling it - but each time I hang on to it as it just looks like it'd build up nicely.

I think yours shows that this is true. I don't think raised detail is a liability on this airframe as from what I've seen it is pretty lumpy in real life.. :)

Nice build.

Matt

Agreed with the others..............I think it looks great!   I know the feeling, as suppressing the desire to add every bit of AM can be maddening. Turned out great! 

Very neat result with this oldie :goodjob:

And the way you have reinstated the spine panel lines with the overlap effect is very convincing. Well done here and overall !

Hubert