Fw190 D-9 | 1/12th scale scratch build replica

Beautiful work... by the way I live very close to the Virginia Beach Military Aviation Museum and they have a FW-190D (two I think, one flying (not sure how original) and one original that is static).. happy to go and get you some exterior reference photos if you need any.  We are free to get right up on them so can probably get some good detail for you.

Bil

Hi Bil,

Thanks for your response! I am always happy to get some help with photos of the rivet pattern and other details of the airframe. If I can help you please let me know. ☺

Talk to you soon,

Bernd.

Hi Bil,

Thanks for your response! I am always happy to get some help with photos of the rivet pattern and other details of the airframe. If I can help you please let me know. ☺

Talk to you soon,

Bernd.

Bernd, I'll be going this weekend and I'll take some photos for you.  If you need anything specific please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Bil

Bernd, reference photos can be downloaded here:

FW-190D - Note, this is a reproduction, but is a continuation of the original serial number and is supposed to be very accurate.. you be the judge:  Reference Photos

I also took a few photos of the original FW-190A, thinking that the 190D would have similar construction:  FW-190A Reference Photos

I neglected to take my tape measure with me, but the rivets looked to be approximately 1/4" in diameter.  The rivets were very hard to see on the 190D, the photos might not show the pattern as well as you would have liked.  

Let me know if there are any specific parts of this airframe, or the 190A that you would like me to concentrate on.  Note the 190A is going to be leaving at some point for a full restoration so if you would like any photos from it let me know sooner rather than later (though I don't think it's leaving in the very near future).

I hope these are helpful to you.  Bil

Edited by Bil

Bernd, reference photos can be downloaded here:

FW-190D - Note, this is a reproduction, but is a continuation of the original serial number and is supposed to be very accurate.. you be the judge:  Reference Photos

I also took a few photos of the original FW-190A, thinking that the 190D would have similar construction:  FW-190A Reference Photos

I neglected to take my tape measure with me, but the rivets looked to be approximately 1/4" in diameter.  The rivets were very hard to see on the 190D, the photos might not show the pattern as well as you would have liked.  

Let me know if there are any parts of this airframe, or the 190A that you would like me to concentrate on.  Note the 190A is going to be leaving at some point for a full restoration so if you would like any photos from it let me know sooner rather than later (though I don't think it's leaving in the very near future).

I hope these are helpful to you.  Bil

GREAT pics Bil! Saved them all for for future projects. Thanks!

Bernd, this work is highly impressive! I am really happy that i droped back in this Forum after a view years of absence. Just to find this master piece.

I also checked out other builds. You guys keep up the level quite high. I love it.

Cheers Klaus

Edited by Klaus H