CT-133 Canadian Silver Star from the Czech Models kit

dmthamade

Well, this build is done, thank god!! This kit has been as difficult and ornery to build as its reputation said it would be. I'm used to easier builds, this has been a challenge from the begining to end. Truthfully i did enjoy taking care of fit problems, helps keep long unused skills sharp. This is done as a Canadian bird, needing minor mods to canadianize. The pit and the seats are the great AMS parts, pit was the easiest part of the build. Decals are a mix of Leading Edge and Belcher Decals. Main color coat is Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminum. I was going to do this as a grey jet, i like the colors of the NMF with the red and black.

IMG_5274_zpstwsaap1w.jpg

IMG_5275_zpsa5imvb91.jpg

IMG_5276_zpsyihynfg4.jpg

IMG_5277_zpspvcaf1nn.jpg

IMG_5278_zpsss27ulgz.jpg

That's very nice.  Exactly the one I am going to build when I get to it someday.

Cheers

That is exactly how I am NOW going to build mine.

This build has inspired me to build mine in the same scheme. I had another scheme in mind until this awesome build inspired me to change.

Don,

That's is a top-notch build! You really whipped that kit into shape. Looks fantastic I must say.

Mine (like Carl's) is still moving along slowly. I'm out of town again for work but I hope to have another update soon.

Wonderful job on your T-33, very inspiring for sure.

-Derek

That really is a beautiful model!  :wub:

May be a challenging kit - but at least we have a T-33 in a 'proper' scale - and with results like these it looks like, with care, absolutely stunning models can result.

Iain

That's very nice.  Exactly the one I am going to build when I get to it someday.

Cheers

I found it to be a very attractive scheme, much better than the grey i was going to use.

Don