CT-133 Canadian Silver Star from the Czech Models kit

dmthamade

Despite the issues you had with this build, you've turned out a terrific model, Don. I think it looks fantastic! May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Thanks Kev!! Yes, please publish away!!

Don

That is exactly how I am NOW going to build mine.

This build has inspired me to build mine in the same scheme. I had another scheme in mind until this awesome build inspired me to change.

I really like the NMF finish with the reds and blacks. Look forward to seeing your build.

Don

Looks fantastic Don.

I say you've inspired a few others to give the kit a try based on the replies here. I haven't given up on mine yet and an still progressing slowly with it.

I'm with you on picking a nice simple Tamiya kit for my follow up build. :)

Carl

I think we can thank/blame JohnB and Amurray :D  :D , after seeing their builds the three of us picked up the kits. Looks like more are in the future. It would be great to see more of these builds. Still trying to decide on my next project.

Don

Edited by dmthamade

Outstanding Don...I love it!

Although a consensus "PITA" kit, patience and persistence, as always, pays huge dividends, as your model shows.

Congratulations,

Rich

Yup!! Its a kit that you just have to keep grinding away at, eventually you'll get there.

Don

Terrific job ! Very clean and realistic paint job, with nice colors.

I think it may be the best T-33 i've seen so far. :)

Thank you!! I'm pleased with the results. I've had trouble with gloss colors up to now, this time i'm pretty happy with them.

Don

Don,

That's is a top-notch build! You really whipped that kit into shape. Looks fantastic I must say.

Mine (like Carl's) is still moving along slowly. I'm out of town again for work but I hope to have another update soon.

Wonderful job on your T-33, very inspiring for sure.

-Derek

Thanks, Derek!! You know all about the struggle this kit is, looking forward to seeing yours in Texas ANG colors.

Don

I think we can thank/blame JohnB and Amurray :D  :D , after seeing their builds the three of us picked up the kits. Looks like more are in the future. It would be great to see more of these builds. Still trying to decide on my next project.

Don

Very true there.

I'm thinking possibly a Tamiya Corsair. I've done five of their Spitfires already so that would be too easy :P

I also have their F-15E which was started back in '92 or '93 but never finished.

Choices....

Carl

That really is a beautiful model!  :wub:

May be a challenging kit - but at least we have a T-33 in a 'proper' scale - and with results like these it looks like, with care, absolutely stunning models can result.

Iain

Thanks, Iain!! Yup, lots of effort/work/patience/patience/patience/work/sanding/scraping/patience.........repeat as needed does get results. I think, though, i'll stay away from any kit labelled "limited edition". I have to say i am pleased with the results, more so because of the effort needed.

Don

Very true there.

I'm thinking possibly a Tamiya Corsair. I've done five of their Spitfires already so that would be too easy :P

I also have their F-15E which was started back in '92 or '93 but never finished.

Choices....

Carl

Carl!! Finish something!!

Don

Ya know what sucks about gettin' old? Ya write a response only to be told you haven't logged in. Then you log in, get distracted, and days later look back in on the thread only to discover you never re-wrote your post. Sheeeesh!

Anyways Don, what I'm try in' to say is, wow! Awesome job on the CT-133! Love the NMF with the red and black colours of the CAF markings. You've done 'er proud Don.

I always thought it kind o' funny that we were still fly in' these long after we said goodbye to our Canucks even though the CF-100 was a newer aircraft. I guess it all boils down to who still has spare parts.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Ya know what sucks about gettin' old? Ya write a response only to be told you haven't logged in. Then you log in, get distracted, and days later look back in on the thread only to discover you never re-wrote your post. Sheeeesh!

Anyways Don, what I'm try in' to say is, wow! Awesome job on the CT-133! Love the NMF with the red and black colours of the CAF markings. You've done 'er proud Don.

I always thought it kind o' funny that we were still fly in' these long after we said goodbye to our Canucks even though the CF-100 was a newer aircraft. I guess it all boils down to who still has spare parts.

Cheers,

Wolf

What sucks about getting old? Hang on, I can't remember....what was the question? Yup, we certainly do get our use out of our aircraft, regardless of best before date. I think this is the most attractive scheme the RCAF ever used, also like the grey Voodoo with the red/white/black Z cheat stripe. Thanks Wolf!!

Don