Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190D9

Warbird

Great photography!

I'm enjoying watching this come together.

Can you please tell me where I can order one of Henri Daehne VS111 propeller sets?

I was also interested in ordering a set. They look great! Thank you,

Jim Root

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Time has come to apply some paint!

After a light coat of grey primer and some small corrections, I started with the application of a good coat of Tamiya TS-30 followed by

a light coat of Alclad white alu on the underside. Then the ailerons and rudder were painted RLM65, a paint used by subcontractors on wood and fabric elements.

img_0811.jpg

img_0810.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Some progress with the painting. I choose to depict "black 14" from 10./JG2, built by Junkers. 

Markings are a mix of self-made masks (the "I" and "14", the spinner spiral,the swastikas and undersurfaces crosses) using my Silouette Cameo 3, wet transfers and decals.

Next steps: weathering!

Cheers

img_0910.jpg

img_0812.jpg

Edited by Warbird

That looks absolutely stunning! I have a few questions:

Before you painted the model, did you sand the surface to flatten the rivet bumps a bit or did you intentionally do this only after paint was on so that they become better visible?

Did you use any type of mask for the camouflage pattern on the wings and the straight demarcation line on the engine cowlings and lower wings? I could imagine that it would be quite hard to achieve such a straight line without masking.

Was the dark grey wash done with enamel over an acrylic clear coat? What paint / mixture did you use for the airbrush weathering and did you first seal the wash with a clear coat?

Sorry for so many questions. I would love to learn from you and achieve a similar result.

Cheers,

Roger