Warbird

Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190D9

Hi all,

Just started a Dora. That is going to be a parallel build with my Swiss Revell Hunter (first time I do that!).
I'll add some aftermarket items and do some small reasonable enhancements.

As usual it starts with some boring stuff, like filling ejectior pin marks. For this task I used 0.13 mm plastic sheet and a puch and die set.

img_0112.jpg

Hasegawa gun barrels are a joke (right side of the picture) so I redid the whole thing with steel tubes. For the gun barell itself I used 2 different diameters to obtain a proper scale caliber (0.6mm). The Quickboost resin item (second from the right) lacks the larger tube that was inside the wheel wells and the scale caliber is too high.

img_0110.jpg

Some plastic card to detail the otherwise simple area near the seat. Seat that was thinned down to a more appropriate thickness and shape. As usual, harness straps were made out of lead sheet, buckles and PE rudder pedals are from HGW.

img_0111.jpg

And of course, riveting in progress (I know I said reasonable enhancements...)

img_0210.jpg

Edited by Warbird

Thanks. That's a MDC riveting tool, which is nothing else than a jewelry beading tool. 

Harness and oxygen hose glued. The control stick is from Quickboost (with a small correction on the top).

Cheers

img_0212.jpg

img_0213.jpg

Edited by Warbird

Guest Martinnfb

Very detailed work, I like it a lot.

Just one often omitted mistake that is lingering around Hasegawa's kit like stink. The guns mounts were never covered by canvas sleeve , There were relatively massive and prominent part of the gear bay openings.

Here are some pics. to show the detail.

Cheers

Martin

Fw-190D-9_05.jpgfhc_fw190d_02.jpgfw190f8_17.jpg

Thanks all

Martin, I'm afraid your are right about the gun mounts canvas! I hesitated and trusted the Aero detail 02.

Well, let's scratch build that...

For the riveting I spent about 1,5 - 2 hours per half wing (including mistakes correction!).

Uncarina, for the scheme I haven't decided yet. I own both Japo books so I am spoilt for choice.

Cheers

'The guns mounts were never covered by canvas sleeve'

Never say 'never', Mr. Martin.  Unless, of course what you say is Never Say Never Again, or Tomorrow Never Dies.

Sincerely,

Mark

Quickboost compressor air intake in place. This item is too small due to resin shrinkage and a fair amount of putty was used to obtain a smooth transition with the plastic part. The hole is not drilled through the piece as it should be so I had to use my Proxxon tool to complete the job (a bit disapointed with QB for that).

img_0214.jpg

My "collection" of gun covers. From left to right: QB "Mimetall", QB "early", Eagle part (3 pieces) and Hasegawa

img_0215.jpg

All parts will need some work to represent the hinges correctly.

Hasegawa piece fit perfectly.

img_0218.jpg

QB item is (guess what) too short in length but ok for the width.

img_0217.jpg

Tee Eagle parts is slightly too large and will need some trimming to make it fit. Casting is not so good around the rear part locking system.

img_0216.jpg

Hasegawa piece fit perfectly.

even surprising :thumbsup:

Hello

Unpacking Henri Daehne VS111 propeller set...

img_0219.jpg

The color instruction booklet is exemplary

img_0223.jpg

img_0224.jpg

Here is what you get. Resin quality is top notch

img_0220.jpg

One of the very tiny counterbalance weight was missing (I'm pretty sure the carpet monster is innocent) so I made a replica.

img_0222.jpg

and it fits like a (Swiss)clockwork.

img_0221.jpg

Cheers