Tamiya 1/48 in 1/32 you would like?

Guest The Southern Bandit

I would hope that Tamiya passes on WW II German Aircraft. IMO there are more than enough good 1/32 kits out there. I would like to see the following;

P-38 any model.

P-40B

F4U-4 

F-86A

F-4B or D

I would hope that Tamiya passes on WW II German Aircraft. IMO there are more than enough good 1/32 kits out there. I would like to see the following;

P-38 any model.

P-40B

F4U-4 

F-86A

F-4B or D

+ 1 on that P-40!

Tamiya's new batch of super kits in 1/32 features precisely ZERO German subjects.

Contrary to popular belief, kits of German subjects on that level are borderline non-existent.

Hasegawa loves to re-box the same old kits over and over, and their approach to 1/32 modeling is basically to make over scaled 1/72 kits in terms of complexity.

The Euard 1/32 Bf-109E is a great kit and would make a Tamiya offering of the same plane redundant, but there is precious little high quality 1/32 German stuff out there.

I'd love to see Tamiya make a whole bunch of German subjects.

I don't really get the lack of German love at this forum.

Lastly: Tamiya's goal is not to fill that obscure hole in your extensive model lineup.  Their goal is to sell kits and make money, and the "same old" famous planes are what sell.  

Contrary to popular belief, kits of German subjects on that level are borderline non-existent.

.......but there is precious little high quality 1/32 German stuff out there.

Outside of the arguably almost as good - same level for sure - Hasegawa FW190s, and almost there Revell of Germany Heinkels (111/162/121) what about the HKM Dorner Do335? Trumpeter Me-262? Zoukei Mura Horten? Revell Arado 196? Dragon Bf110s? 

Don't forget the Tristar 1/35 Storch.

I don't really understand Tamiya, they are just so slow with new releases. I mean, is it that they want to get things correct, or is there very little money to be made, or do they just not care as much about the scale model ranges these days? Assuming that the Corsair and Mosquito have been killing it in sales, you'd think they'd increase the production of new mold kits?

I would hope that Tamiya passes on WW II German Aircraft. IMO there are more than enough good 1/32 kits out there. I would like to see the following...

F-4B or D

Hong Kong Models will be making an F-4B and Tamiya already make an F-4D.

If this has opened out from up-from-1/48 to another random wish list then I have dreamt that Tamiya might make 1/32:

MiG-21PF Fishbed

Su-15TM Flagon

J-35 Draken

E E Lightning T.5 & F.6

Of course, none of that is going to happen :(

Tony