1/32 Ventura

petrov27

Guest Vulcan32

I´m going to visit HpH at May, 27th, will ask Jiri what he thinks about releasing a Ventura. But first they should finish the 2-, 4- and 6-engined planes, they are working on at the time.  

about what I thought but thanks for the feedback gents! I would purchase a HPH resin of the Ventura in a heartbeat though may be late on the mortgage that month :)

Always been a favorite, but I noticed Bombshell Decals has a set out for the 1/48 with some great schemes and was thinkin how nice would be to get this a/c in 1/32....

Edited by petrov27

Well, I believe the only Hudson is the Combat Models Vacuform kit.

I must admit, vacuform kits aren't everybody's cup of tea..

Back in the old days I acquired quite a few of the 1/32 vacs because it was obvious to me that many of these planes will never appear as IM. or even as resin kits.  

Well that was then. Today is now and I have been selling off a lot of these vac kits as it become a fact that, as simple as they are (what, 12 pieces at the most?) I will not invest the time in building them.

Really. I am just too busy with other matters. So I'll stick with IM and perhaps a resin or two. 

But I keep a small number of the vacs in the stash in the hopes that a miracle takes place and by some magic I can wave my wand and change them into decent IM kits. Well, I am not ready yet to sell off the US and British 4 engine bombers of WW2 vacs.

Yes, that was the same reason I kept a bunch of 1/48 kits around.. So a magic wand will be waved and presto-chango, the 1/48 IM kits will become 1/32 IM kits. I have finally sold off all the 1/48 kits. All gone (almost).

OK, so I have a problem with reality... 

For a while I went into 1/33 paper card models for the same reason. But they're as much work as scratch building. I  finally started facing reality and began selling them off. Also the fire last December took care of the rest of them. 

As I see it my only alternative is scratch building using the old stick and tissue method, but using foam to fill in the spaces and then carving and sanding it down to shape. Why this method? Because I enjoy it. I started building S&T and solid balsa kits during WW2 and it gave me such pleasure that I still prefer it.

I have plenty of plans lying around unhurt by the fire so I can spend the rest of my life making models that way. 

But I have other things to do. 

Where does that leave me? I am back to injection molded kits and a few resins. 

Round and round I go. 

I have given up on encouraging other modelers to try vacuform kits or paper card models or wood models. People do what gives them pleasure and since we are all different it is best I stop nudging folks to change their ways. 

Enjoy youir modeling and if you do come across a magic wand, I'd like to rent it for a while.

Stephen