Telford 2015

Iain

I think the built up test shot of the 2 stage Mossie with shape correction from HK is big news. The FLY model Wessex seems to be doing very well blowing out the door at Telford. I don't know what you've bought this year Rog but I can tell you my wallet can't keep up with all of the new 1/32 kits this year and I've spent a fair amount just in the last 5 months. There will be kits from 2015 that I will have to buy in 2016 to get all that has interested me.

-Shane

What sort of shape corrections are we talking about here? 

What sort of shape corrections are we talking about here? 

i imagine the wing profile around the radiators?

compare it to the Tamiya kit (which is correct afaik), and you see a big difference

i like my HK kit, but it is simply not as good as the Tamiya one

back to telford...the only NEW news I have seen was actually on HK Models' Facebook page yesterday:

looks like they will be doing a 1/32 P-51B and C, given they posted pics of these aircraft and said 'what do you all think?' etc in the same way they did with the British Phantoms

and apart from that I haven't seen anything that interests me personally in either 1/32 air or 1/35 armour...

Edited by nmayhew

Hi Guys,

Telford. A flying visit for me and my mate Ian. My first stop was Zoukei-Mura to pick up a He-219 UHU and all the do-dads that go with it. I've been after one for ages and the stand price was £104, plus all the do-dads of course! I also bought the 1/48 Horton, which is a stunning. Later on I went back ( because I still had some cash in my wallet) to get the Ta-152 H-0 kit. It was a toss up between it and the P-51D/K but Focke won!

Then decals for my P-61's, Flory sanders, Uschi's Metallic Powders, Gunze Super Metallics, some lead shot for tail sitters, a book on (you'll never guess!) Fw-190's.

Ian's haul was much smaller but we achieved one notable success. As a recent returner to modelling he's not sure of what to buy but knew he wanted a 109E. Eventually we found some on the Eduard stand, he bought the E4 Weekend kit which is a nice kit and he got 25% off as well! Then it was hunting for Vallejo early war paint sets and a few extra colours. He enjoyed himself!

CALAMITY STRUCK! When we sat down for a break I realised I had misplaced the bag containing the 1/48 Horten! Panic ensued. We went back to Zoukei's stand and asked if they had it and I just hadn't picked it up. That wasn't the case BUT some kind soul had seen it and taken it back to the stand? How about that then? Joy all round!

We then had a long chat with the Zoukei guys. They are full of enthusiasm and drive and are always a pleasure to talk with.

We never got as far as the SIG stand. Sorry guys. Then we left fairly early, driving to Albrighton to visit ex-RAF friends, then back down the M5 and home to fondle the plastic.

So all in all an exhausting, expensive but fun day out. Already planning next years visit!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Edited by Bruce_Crosby

Big plan was to be there for the first time!

i stress on the word plan lol...wanted to get to meet some of you guys and spend two days at the show, had done the bookings and all, but my month's flying roster didnt allow me to see my plans through, so Iain its all down to you now lol!

Enjoy it and let all of us who couldnt make it know how the show is progressing mate!

Enjoy!

Karim

Not a LSP but probably of more interest to people this side of the pond, was comparing the Airfix and Revell 1:72 scale Avro Shackleton. Looking at the models on show, the Revell offering looks to be the winner, but thats my opinion. Surface detail looks a lot more refined.  

Saw the large H.K B-17G for the first time. Only one word needed, impressive. Could imagine that and the Lancaster displayed side by side. Also for the first time, I saw a built up Tamiya Mossie up close. Decided there and then to put one on my list thats going to Santa.      

CALAMITY STRUCK! When we sat down for a break I realised I had misplaced the bag containing the 1/48 Horten! Panic ensued. We went back to Zoukei's stand and asked if they had it and I just hadn't picked it up. That wasn't the case BUT some kind soul had seen it and taken it back to the stand? How about that then? Joy all round!

That was one good deed by someone. A lot of people would have thought their christmas had come early and done a runner with it.

Just got back from a quick visit myself. Picked up glues, paints and whatnot, all the stuff that Royal Mail refuse to carry these days meaning expensive courier postage for a jar of paint. Also picked up a ZM J2M3 sadly all the bits I wanted for it were sold out. Also I was a bit naughty and broke scale picking up the new Zvezda Pe-2 in 1/48. Please don't think any less of me. Could have spent a fortune but wisely I think, left the credit card at home. First time seeing the HK B-17 built up too. Tis' a bit large. Most impressive though was Mr Airscales' Tigercat.

Morning all!

..........Although show not officially opened yet - I've already blagged an Italeri Mirage IIIC and a Kitty Hawk OV-10A for superb prices from my 'street dealer' - Andy Hills at Antics - and I wasn't intending to buy anything at the show this year - oh dear!!  ;)

...............followed by judging in the afternoon. I believe competition is in a different place this year - so hopefully lighting better.

Iain

Afternoon Iain,

YOU are a VERY naughty boy! Didn't you read the notes? no 'browsing' on set up day! :wicked:

I now know WHO to blame for the 'disappearance' of the OV-10A.......it was YOU! :hmmm:

Trust the 'new' competition area was to your liking? no shrubbery to interfere with the natural light this year.

Sorry I didn't make it to the stand, :crying:as I was a bit of a 'man on a mission' as I only had one day to spend

"like a man with no hands", at least I was successful at something! :yahoo:

Trust Sunday's weather was at least as good as Saturdays and you got to do some serious spending?

Paul

Just got back from a quick visit myself. Picked up glues, paints and whatnot, all the stuff that Royal Mail refuse to carry these days meaning expensive courier postage for a jar of paint. Also picked up a ZM J2M3 sadly all the bits I wanted for it were sold out. Also I was a bit naughty and broke scale picking up the new Zvezda Pe-2 in 1/48. Please don't think any less of me. Could have spent a fortune but wisely I think, left the credit card at home. First time seeing the HK B-17 built up too. Tis' a bit large. Most impressive though was Mr Airscales' Tigercat.

I wasn't aware of a 1:48 Pe-2, I'll have to keep an eye open for it. What a cool airplane.