Annual WNW Christmas kit speculation

LSP_K2

Indeed,  WnW got SO many emails, questions, and comments about producing a Camel and DR.1 that they relented on the Camel, and I would have to say that we WILL eventually see a DR.1 from them..............but it may be a while.

WnWs  EMPHATICALLY stated a long time ago they would NEVER produce a Camel..................yet when you go to the WnW site and when you go to the "NEWS" section on their site...................

Sopwith%20Camel%20in%20development%20Aug

Just sayin......................

But, will they include a figure of SNOOPY in it?

Just wondering.

Stephen

Getting a small Snoopy figurine is relatively easy. But what so we use for the Red Baron?

Anyone remember Snidely Whiplash or perhaps Fearless Leader from those old 1960's TV cartoon shows?

I would think either one would be a good Red Baron.

Personally, I would put the available figures, which are a bit larger than 1/32 scale, into the old Revell 1/28 Camel and Fokker Tripe models. I think they would fit better in those.

Stephen

Guest Smitty44

Id like that..............AND would definitely put Snoopy in the cockpit!

There actually IS a full kit out there..........

4668654322_3dbaabc26a_z.jpg

Could look like this............

camel_01.jpg

No Snoopy for sure, He hasn't taken it too lightly that they have given the credit to someone else for taking down Richtofen!

I do not have the problem of boring British WW1 camo.. I am painting my aircraft as if they were in the Vulgarian Air Force. Much more creative that way. From now one it is "what if" for me.

Why not a Spitfire stationed in Scotland having a plaid color scheme?.

The nasty noxies put sirens on their Stuka dive bombers, Why not bagpipes on every Scott's Skua dive bomber? Heck that'll scare everybody.

Stephen

Edited by ssculptor

I think Peter Jackson was very clear things have changed considerably from the early idea of what Wingnut would be.

With the desertion of 32nd by everyone in apparent fear of the Wingnut Juggernaut the early ideas of not doing some earlier release kits by say Roden has entirely changed.

I get the impression they would of been happy to work with everyone to simply improve the coverage of WW1 aircraft.

With that not happening and being left by there lonesome it appears anything goes.

Hopefully Dr-1's..Spads...Etc..

Some real good points there, Darren. Based on the assumption that WNW will eventually do machines like the Early Albatros fighters, Nieuports and iconic Dr.I, I've tended to steer clear of 1:32 Roden kits myself.

Just wish that WNW would get on with releasing all those wonderful figures and accessories we have been looking at for like,forever.

Seem to be stuck in the mud with this.  Don't get me wrong,am a huge fan of everything they do,but you can be teased for only so long.

...and the super dooper extra kits they kept threatening to do!!

But hey, I'm already 6 behind the current curve, even just my favourite Brit types, so any more releases will just make me feel even more guilty!

T

PS I spent way too much at Telford.

Fortunately for me (very fortunately), I don't find myself drawn to every WWI aircraft that ever was, so my choices of kits to eventually get, are much more limited. As far as I recollect, I've owned about six WNW kits so far, but sold off most as being compulsive purchases that I really had no desire to actually build. 

Getting a small Snoopy figurine is relatively easy. But what so we use for the Red Baron?

Anyone remember Snidely Whiplash or perhaps Fearless Leader from those old 1960's TV cartoon shows?

I would think either one would be a good Red Baron.

Personally, I would put the available figures, which are a bit larger than 1/32 scale, into the old Revell 1/28 Camel and Fokker Tripe models. I think they would fit better in those.

Stephen

Snoopy's Foe the Red Baron

refPSNMKtRedBaronBxdSmall.jpg

Whatever it is, i know it will be good, and i'm 100% i'll buy it.

So i just hope it will be a "small" kit, like a $69 single seater, and not a $350++ monster kit like the Felistowes....

But this one would be so cool :

SalmsonSM1_2.jpg