Review: Italeri 2505: 1/32 Mirage IIIC

LSP_Kevin

Another aspect nobody mentioned is how the box is far too large! It could be 30% smaller. So, don't be over-impressed by the box size. I really hate this as this results in wasted storage space.

Looking at the parts, there is no doubt at least another kit will be released. The kit is not Tamiyaesque but looks very healthy and the progress since the Starfighter release is visible. I hope they will go on with other cold war fighters as now the price/quality ratio is better.

I thought I'd be all over this kit but have hesitated so far. Maybe saving it for Xmas ! It is a buy-to-build.

Big boxes are curious. I remember the Italeri/Testors 1/48 SR-71A/B coming out around 1984 in a dinky box that belied its size. (The Testors edition was like a suitcase.) Maybe they learned long ago to put kits in the biggest plausible box.

Tony

AICZ, it looks to be reasonably accurate so far during my build.

The big box size is actually a good thing. Think of the room that you will have to store the aftermarket parts that will surely be coming.

Eric

Is that a hint Eric? Please,,,,

Yes..., now hopefully twoseater's .... I need twoseater's.... :-D

A friend sent me a two seat conversion for the Revell kit to check out. The  instructions were top notch, but the resin was really really sad.