Revell Fw 190 Sprue Shots (Testshots)

RBrown

the instrument panels look like they may benefit from some AM..  :whistle:

Yup for sure. 

It's my preferred option to have a decent bezel and then individual decals to put in place over a flat or slightly curved instrument face than any other option.   

I've come to think that offering decals and then having raised detail in instrument dial faces is like having a bet each way between those who will use the decals and those who will dry brush.  Whilst it makes sense and both can look awesome I'm not much of a fan of offering both options. Colour PE can look amazing but its lack of 3-D is a con.

Your products also offer the option of constructing most parts of ones own instrument panel from scratch.

Sorry if that sounds like a review or advertorial.  It's not meant to be.  It came to my mind when I saw the instrument panel in the photos and thought of your stuff which is pretty much perfect for the job.

Matty

... The full engine is the big bonus with this kit (for those that want to display the cowl open).

D

... and don't forget the squeezed canopy ... I've read into a few builds that the H version niggles!

Rog :)

A-7, A-8, F-8 and possibly a G-8.

The full engine is the big bonus with this kit (for those that want to display the cowl open).

D

Ooops!  I meant to type "Other than the full engine" (I swear I saw it there before I submitted my post!)

So the flexing canopy, that is too cool.

Now have to see which of those sub-type Hasegawa kits I have, er I mean, had...    (input auctioneer sound here)

Thank you for the info.Mr. Bellis

Edited by phasephantomphixer

Hi guys,

The more I see the test shots, there more I want one! Actually you can put any number you like there, I won't stop at one! So that's all the Hasegawa kits collected, the Zoukei Mura ones coming soon and this little baby sneaking in under the radar. And knowing Revell it will be at a great price. I still look at my Ju-88A4 and wonder how they did it for the money. (Yes I know, they didn't put any rivets on it) If that had been H-K I dread to think of the price.

So here are my questions:

1. How do I get my hands on Revell Germany shares before they go thru the roof?

2. How will they follow it up?

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Wings and fuselage halves show some joint lines for inserts on their core side which leads to the conclusion that more versions will come.

With the fuselage halves left unchanged there will surely be more *8 versions (A and G).

This follows RevG`s philosophy to allow for more versions in this way rather than making cut outs and offering new parts for glue in.

I am almost certain that we will see different wing options for the outer weapons later, so no drilling out etc is necessary.

The fuselage is designed to take different central sections later (for A-7 and maybe A-5/6). They have slightly different arrangements of hatches and access panels. I cannot tell if they are designed yet but the option is given.

Of notice is the left out/broken off space on the clear parts main sprue!!

Having already got a decent collection of Hasegawa 190's I can't see anything in these test shots to be excited about.

Cockpit looks very average indeed and far from say a Trumpeter 109 even which is packed with detail.

The prop looks like a 109E prop not a paddle found on an F-8.

Split wheels.

Cooling fan looks well very poor.

Gear bays look shallow unless they have some deepening sidewalls as extra parts.

Tail wheel not sure what they are thinking its 1/32 not 1/144.

People whine about Dragon 48th multi part cowls so good luck with the fit of this one.

I think by the time you spend cash on resin to fix some of the issues the test shot has the Hasegawa kit which is well regarded for accuracy/build and fit will be a better option.

The only positive will be the engine but for me If I am to do an engine it would be an Aires BMW with far superior detail than injected plastic can provide.

Another Revell disappointment to me and another win for Hasegawa that a kit 10 years old is better than what will be a 2015 release.

But hey it will be cheap in the US and EU so it will be lapped up by people eager to save 10 bucks on a kit and then go spending 50 to fix it up.

http://www.focke-wulf190.com/images/190f8_1.jpg

Darren!

If you only had a closer look....

There are two options for the extended tail wheel with two different wheel sizes. The tires are split in order to take the separate rim. The wheel goes into a two piece strut construction. (I know, it´s worse than H`.....).

What you complaint about are the constructions for the tailwheel in retracted position, also as a double for the two different wheel sizes. This construction comes as a "one part assembly" because the more detailed variant with the replicated fork wouldn't´t fit properly in the retracted position. Yes, also worse than H`.

And not to forget about the separate control surfaces of the H´kit which were just copied by Revell.... (ehem).

Yes , the cockpit is rather simple, as it is on the real thing, but of course - to follow the line- worse than H´.

Well the photos are not very good, but the spinner, worse than H`?

Yes, there will be no broad chord wooden prop in the kit. I really don´t know, did H´do so?

I guarantee you, the complex engine cowling construction works and it will fit precisely if the construction is done with care. But how can I tell, you already know, ...."and fit will be a better option"....

Have another smoke 

Well, before anyone suggests I'm a Revell 'fan boy' I'll say I have about 20 various Hasegawa and PCM 190As.

That said, I do like the way Revell have got the art of mould inserts down to a very fine art. I noticed on the new Spitfire that there are several inserts in the wings that a almost invisible from the outer surface, only discernible from the inside. This is a step up from some of the Hasegawa approach with inserts (which always seem to be an issue in P-40 builds).

Their 190s don't suffer these, but as a result there are some minor inaccuracies (eg being A-7 without the smaller under fuselage access panel).

I suspect my approach to these will be the same as the Hasegawa/Revell 109s. Revell for a more detailed longer build, Hasegawa for a more relaxing quick build. Unless there's a difficult/expensive to fix gaff - I suspect this kit will do very well for Revell.

Andreas, when I saw that empty space on the clear sprue I though Rammjaeger!

Matt

The only positive will be the engine but for me If I am to do an engine it would be an Aires BMW with far superior detail than injected plastic can provide.

There's also no such thing as an Aires BMW in 1/32. In fact, there's no aftermarket BMW 801 from any manufacturer.

D