New Group Build Idea....... ????

marauderdriver

Some good ideas. I feel that a generic GB, which covers a pretty large range of aircraft types and operators, followed by a more specific GB, might a good working idea. 

I therefore like the the cold war era GB idea as it covers evrything from 1945 to 1989, whether is be prop, jet, single or multi-engined (not forgetting helicopters). This could be followed up with a Korean war GB if necessary, but the break between the current Vietnam GB and a Korean war GB would be good IMHO. 

As for other potential GB ideas, although Kev has mentioned a recent carrier GB, there were a lot of Naval aircraft types that were not specifically carrier based, so there is still room for a 'wet wings' GB that could include maritime aircraft of any description, as long as they operated primarily over (or even on) the open sea. Allied to that theme could be an SAR themed GB.

Another one could be a 'We'er watching you' GB dedicated to any aircraft type used for aerial reconnaissance or surveillance operations and activities. This could cover strategic, covert or other 'Spy in the sky' type missions.

A possibly less popular GB might be an 'Ab Initio' GB, covering training aircraft of any type from any era. This would not be just restricted to the more obvious types such as the Tiger Moth, but could also include two seat training versions of many operational front line aircraft types. 

Although we have had GB's in the past that have allowed a large variation in colour schemes for aircraft to keep things interesting, a 'Sheep in Wolves clothing' GB might allow a double-edged sword entry of any military aircraft operated in civilian colours with the twist that any civilian aircraft type painted in a military scheme can also be entered! 

Well, I think that there is enough here to consider for know...

Derek

A possibly less popular GB might be an 'Ab Initio' GB, covering training aircraft of any type from any era. This would not be just restricted to the more obvious types such as the Tiger Moth, but could also include two seat training versions of many operational front line aircraft types. 

Yes, and even any single seat aircraft with school or training scheme, or agressor. There are plenty of these around the world and from 1914 to nowadays, that would be nice !

Ok my last idea for a G/B. After looking back at the G/B History we are going to run into sorta re-runs soon.  Even "Twins" to a point as there was a 2 Wing G/B

Large Scale Planes= 1/35 or larger plane or helos   not "Scale" as in documented replica, so we can use our imaginations and 

do a "What-If"  and build any thing,with any paint job, any markings, any weapons, any,any,any, Blue Angel F-14,  Fokker DR1 in Bolivian markings

Think out-side the box.....and I don't mean AM junk. It's a canvas with an old kit you won't build otherwise and have some "FUN"

I know everybody has something in there stash, kits, decals, paint job that they would like to see in our own little minds that isn't "SCALE"

The only rule is that it CANNOT be real. Put PHOENIX missiles on an old Revell P-47 in Australian markings.

LET THE IDEAS FLOW

jack

.....Large Scale Planes= 1/35 or larger plane or helos   not "Scale" as in documented replica, so we can use our imaginations and 

do a "What-If"  and build any thing,with any paint job, any markings, any weapons, any,any,any, Blue Angel F-14,  Fokker DR1 in Bolivian markings

Think out-side the box.....and I don't mean AM junk. It's a canvas with an old kit you won't build otherwise and have some "FUN".....

jack

...Now you're speaking my lingo.... :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

(Hint:  See my avatar)

Ok my last idea for a G/B. After looking back at the G/B History we are going to run into sorta re-runs soon.  Even "Twins" to a point as there was a 2 Wing G/B

Large Scale Planes= 1/35 or larger plane or helos   not "Scale" as in documented replica, so we can use our imaginations and 

jack

I like the "what if" scenario, that would get the creative energy charged for some.

I see Fantastic Modeling Art on these pages and some of the most detailed aircraft build that one can imagine.  Builders Sculpt, vac, make resin parts, use photo-etch, mask markings, take Vac- kits to artforms all for the sake of building the most complete and accurate replica that is possible......I envy you ALL.

But I like to see imagination too!    What is that build that has been rolling around in your brain, but you think "It's not SERIOUS so the GUY's will just laugh it off"

I say LET'EM Laugh :rofl:  :rofl:

Why do we model?  Why are we on this site?  Is fanciful thought not allowed here?     Are we to be stringently controlled that if it's a MM off it's no good ?

Does it HAVE to look like a PHOTO ALWAY's ?  Can't colors be RIGHTif I want to paint my Mustang purple with pink polka Dot's  I ASK YOU!!

I know not everybody likes to think out-side the box....But i'm I the ONLY ONE who is a little crazy and want's to "Break the Rules"?

One of my Favorite Builds is a "Arabian Vixen"   a Sea Vixen in Saudi markings   not real,but not out of the realm of reality,

Why do we want to RESTRICT our imagination always?  Why can't I take my F-105 and turn it into a NASJET Racer?

Anyway  the Nice Young Men With The Little White Coat..........AIN"T CATCH'IN THIS FAT RABBIT!!!!

I'll go and have FUN  ANYWAY     I came to this site cause I like the concept......but we gotta PUSH the BOUNDRIES once in a While

OK I TIRED  MY HEART is in this post for better or worse I know I'm a little OFF , but HEY Y'ALL OUGHT TO TRY IT   IT'S FUUUUNNN!!!

JAck

Edited by marauderdriver

Guest Peterpools

My suggestion for the next GB:

Aerobatic Teams -any single aircraft from the  team, from any country and any point in time. Take your pick - military or civilian, prop, jet or glider.

Bring it on.

Peter