New Group Build Idea....... ????

marauderdriver

Guest Clunkmeister

What if:

The idea of an RCAF F-105 wets my whistle. The RCAF wanted Republic F-105s with Iroquois engines, but the .gov said no.

Or a USAF squadron equipped with 190Ds, or a Luftwaffe F-106, or an RCAF B-52.......

Edited by Clunkmeister

The idea of an RCAF F-105 wets my whistle. The RCAF wanted Republic F-105s with Iroquois engines, but the .gov said no.

We wanted an Arrow also but........   there is a huge what if.

Guest Clunkmeister

We wanted an Arrow also but........ there is a huge what if.

He Arrow would have been a game changer no doubt, but with global politics being such that it was all but assured that the RCAF would be the only substantial customer, the project would have probably come close to bankrupting the Country.

The Arrow DID a lot of good though; seriously advancing the state of the art in aerodynamics, high performance jet engines, and probably saving the entire air launched Sparrow program from oblivion.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I'm down with the twins build, it covers a ton of material and subjects, plus allows guys to build their Israeli subjects as well, as far as the "in between" wars I'm a little confused, I get the time frame and all, but nothing really appeals to me. I'd be very open to the following

Navy build, all years and subjects

Cold War or Russian aviation build

Desert Storm build

Twins build 

Guest Peterpools

True, it's not an over populated field of kits but even the first marks of most of the early WWII fighters qualify. I just went through SB's list of Early Flight to WWII and there really is a lot of kits available. Out of production kits found on eBay would really add to the list.

Peter

Twin anything. If you say no twin wings, then what about twin pilots, twin ADFs, twin electrical systems. :rofl:

As much as I'd love twin wings, I'd say twin vertical stabilizers, fuselages, or engines, anything else ok as long as it has two of those.

Well, we can't extend it to everything, otherwise it ends up covering...everything. Twin main wheels? Twin drop tanks? Twin machine guns? Obviously we have to draw the line well before that sort of stuff. But if we say that the 'twin' aspect has to be a notable structural feature, then wings would clearly be in!

Kev