New Group Build Idea....... ????

marauderdriver

Idea I had a long time ago was a History GB. Let me explain, you would do two or more builds, each one a plane at different times from the same squadron or wing or even nose art. Examples would be a ME-109 in Richtofen sqn to a F-4F or F-86 Richtofen markings. VF-17 Corsair to a F-4J to a F-14A of VF-84. VMA-211 Skyhawk to AV-8B Harrier. Nose art wouldn't be as easy but there are possibilities. I can do two builds but if you can't, you could partner up with somebody to do builds in the same thread. Pic of a noseart combo I did with Shangri La markings.

IMG_2979_zps7e673282.jpg

Edited by dmthamade

One day I will actually build during a group build... But until then:

Rise of the Wrecks - pick up a model that has been set aside for a reason and finish up. Most of my wrecks are sitting while some modeling skill is improved or new info is required.

Bushfire Wars- portray a/c used in various conflicts leading up the larger ones. These may or my not have been used after the bush war. The Claude, Nate, I-16, P-36, various transitional bi-planes, Bearcat come to mind. Others know more about South American conflicts.

Rick Griewski

One day I will actually build during a group build... But until then:

Rise of the Wrecks - pick up a model that has been set aside for a reason and finish up.

SNIP

Rick Griewski

That one was done awhile back

Incomplete/Stalled Projects Group Build

and I'm sorry to report that my own stab at that one was also defeated by RL interference

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=16372

Although I did make a little more progress on it several months ago...

JapRex01_zpscbafb913.jpg

I like the idea of the "twins" build; lotsa possibilities there!

Mike

"Brushfire" got something for it. There are TONS of interesting A/Cs in the many cold war conflicts. One can have the mustangs, ki-43s, mig 21/23 etc and all in exotic schemes and histories.

Ah, twins?

Sounds nice, but don't allmost all A/C have at least two wings? I mean, one right wing and one left wing?  :innocent:  Coming to think of it, is there any airplane with just one wing?

Cold war, however, now that would open some nice possibilities. I'm thinking NMF at the moment...

Cheers

Rainer

Guest Peterpools

New Group Build:

AIRFIX 1/24 TYPHOON Mk. 1B.

Now that's a BIG GB for sure.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

How about a B-36 GB? That'll fit right in with the Typhoon build....

lol :D Sounds like my type of GB...the ULSP GB (Uber Large Scale Planes GB).

...Still looking for that 90mm diameter plastic tube to turn into a Tu-95 Bear ;)...

Derek

At this stage we're leaning towards the 'twins' idea. We just need to decide if it should include 'twin wings' or not. Does that leave it too broad and open?

Kev

I propose that the GB not include two wings. This would cause too much over lap with WWI and between the wars..

Rick

I propose that the GB not include two wings. This would cause too much over lap with WWI and between the wars..

Rick

That's pretty much the way we're heading at this stage. Two-seat biplanes will of course be fine, so WWI modellers will still be able to participate. Looking to lock this off and announce it in the next couple of weeks. Other GB ideas are still welcome of course, and perhaps we can start planning a longer term GB calendar.

Kev

How about "Warbirds"? Any warbird that is currently still flying anywhere in the world, either contemporary or from airshows past? I'm a bit biased because I have a few on the go myself at the moment, but it would be something a little different.

Regards;
Steve