1/32 HK B-25J - Time to finish this beast

LSP_Ron

Thanks all.

I have the sub assemblies pretty much done. Just masking the clear bits before gluing to the fuse. I think I'll paint this in sub assemblies which is something I don't typically do but the whole plane won't fit in my paint booth very well. 

I still have to fill some gaps like the nacelles and nose to fuse joint. I truly do not like how the cowls go together at all, and the fit isn't the best either.  They are fiddly and easy to mess up orientation wise.  I've also found the nose to be a poor fit, it will take filler for sure.

The instructions say to add 80grams to the nose. I tried 80grams and it's a tail sitter at that. I added all the lead I could fit under the cockpit and raided the tools box for some old lug nuts and header bolts for the nacelles.  I think I've got enough in there now where it won't be a tail sitter?

Thanks for looking

mNsWlv5.jpg

D0GnIqD.jpg

ZHAWer3.jpg

MCf8AeW.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Just great to see you moving ahead and working the the B-25. I'm have my fingers corssed on the weight issue and you sure have every inch jammed with lead.

Lets let the paint fly

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks guys,  Next is getting the gaps filled,  all the glass work in and paint it interior green then a shot of primer

lots of fish you could have caught on Glenmore with all that shot!

LOL,  no kidding, and I only live three blocks NE of it! so if it's a tail sitter it may be on the bottom of it!