1/32 HK B-25J - Time to finish this beast

LSP_Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Haha

Thanks,

Wow a few days rest and this thread is pushed back to page 7,  just goes to show the talent posted here is growing and GREAT to see.  Keep it coming folks.

I've managed to slip in some build time this week.  Installed all the clear bits and filled a lot seams.  Sprayed the clear bits with interior green then hit the whole airframe with Tamiya primer.  Next is surface detail repair and it's off to paint. 

FYI, the kit is highly recommended. Over all it's very well done.

Cheers

Ron

ofR8OGn.jpg

08CWNqo.jpg

iS1VGMb.jpg

Thanks!

Last night I had a good spray session and got some small buts worked on also.  I have gobs and gobs of Alcad here but I just didn't feel like dealing with a gloss black base coat and finger prints so I cheeped out and went with the decanted Tamiya AS-12 lacquer. The stuff is bullet proof and lays down nice.

I also decaled Harry's props but now question if that was a mistake. I've noted today that almost all the period pics of B-25's on the web had prop blades with no stencilling or logo decal. Most are all black with just yellow tips....

OD is next but not today.

Thanks for looking!

Ron

Je9Dt3n.jpg

TPV1Mqj.jpg

NOtJ6jR.jpg

I will grant you that I have NOT used the polished aluminum over gray primer, only the matte duralumin finish. I prefer to use more dull finishes since I typically do more weathered birds, and most of the period pics are VERY dull. So oxidized they appear almost white, like the P-38 I'm working on.

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Terrific progress and may not be correct, but the prop blades look fantastic with the decals.

I follow the general rule for NMF's (AK or Alclad): Gloss black base yields a deep metallic finish and a smooth gray base will produce a semi oxidized finish. Your Tamiya AS-12 NMF looks spot on the money.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Well I finally got into a little paint last night. I haven't had a lot of free time lately.  I free handed the OD as I didn't feel like masking such a large amount of underside.  It seemed to turn out pretty good I think.  I also did some post shading to attempt at making a blotty faded look.  I used several shades of OD. In hind site I probably should have used British Dark green in stead. A lot of period pics look like that color was used in the field like it was with the P-51D's

Now its going to harden up a day and get a gloss coat and decals then a lot of chipping.

Thanks for looking

EDu9FAa.jpg

eefNerI.jpg

KNtwy9q.jpg

rSXODMR.jpg