1/32 HK B-25J - Time to finish this beast

LSP_Ron

Ron,

Looks like you're well on your way to joining the Mitchell Club :) As I said in another post, I know you're going to have a TON of fun ( cause it's a ton of work) and I know without question it will be a great build like everything else ya do!

Looking forward to this one my friend,

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Another terrific B-25 build to follow and and enjoy. I'm amazed at all the AM sets everyone has been buying for the Mithcell's but the work on all the builds has been just tremendous.

Looking forward to your official start.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Really nice bits and pieces u have there. Looking forward to see yet another B-25 being build.

Can you tell me what company the sexy noseart decals is from. I cant quite see it on the picture.

Cheers

Mikkel

Thanks guys, I started dry fitting the engines last night. Will post some pics later today. They are a bit of a puzzle to put together, I can see people easily making mistakes assembling them.

This is the decal set I am using. I will be doing Ruthe, I like the thought of bare metal lowers with OD uppers. Should be sharp looking with a little weathering.

Ron

north-american-b-25j-mitchell-corsica-34

Thanks guys, I started dry fitting the engines last night. Will post some pics later today. They are a bit of a puzzle to put together, I can see people easily making mistakes assembling them.

This is the decal set I am using. I will be doing Ruthe, I like the thought of bare metal lowers with OD uppers. Should be sharp looking with a little weathering.

Ron

north-american-b-25j-mitchell-corsica-34

Really nice. The 2 tone will look great.

Here is an exploded view of the engines. I can't remove the push rod ring from the intake manifold now (far right) it's a tight fit. At least both will be black so no big deal. Lots of wiring to here boy!

P3010002_zps4b8cec03.jpg

And here is a dry fit, they are a little confusing to put together. You really have to watch orientation of the AMS gear case in relation to the cowl. The split in the ignition ring goes down.

P3010001_zps52947206.jpg

Alright Ron! No Turnin' back now buddy! You're in for the long haul build now! :)

Nice start, make sure you done mis-orient the tabs on the parts that meet at the "cage" part of the nacelle's when you're linining things up. Only one set of the tabs built into parts R 2 and S 13 fit correctly so be careful or you'll have some interesting filling to do.

All the best to you and your B-25 build,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some building in this last week even though I spent half the week in Amsterdam

Wiring these little buggers took two full evenings. I used 0.3mm round lead wire (from UMM-USA). Very fine stuff to work with but breaks extremely easy.

Likely not my best foot forward on an engine wiring job but you see so little of it in the B-25 cowl that I think I will leave it as is. Now it's time to add valve covers and the front cylinder bank intake manifold pipes. I think these are fun engines to build actually.

Thanks for looking

P3090001_zps1d17bb76.jpg

P3110003_zps0688ba25.jpg