32nd Mosquito?

Saber

There is a new 1/32 Mossie in the works...

Is that the Corgi FBVI die cast metal one?

Or are you aware of a new IM kit? There has been a rumour concerning HK Models' interest in developing a series of Mossies.

Tony T

Gents-

Are there any plans for Airfix to release a glass-nosed version of the 24th scale kit?

Cheers

Pete

I can't understand why they haven't done it Pete.

The FBVI kit is obviously engineered to take the glass nose.

It would need a modified interior.

The kit also has the wingtips with the front and rear nav lights for the glass nose in it.

Seems its all set with just a couple of additional small sprues for the bomber version.

Its a bit of a mystery.

:hmmm:

Not really, since Hornby have had to do several production runs of the FB.VI. Why draw potential customers away from a financial success?

I agree with what you are saying Edgar, but the FBVI kit has been produced with bomber parts that the instructions tell you not to use for the FBVI.

It only needs the glass nose, and floor and sidewalls for the nose internals, some decals and away you go.

Two additional small sprues and decals and you have the new version.

We are a few years down the line now from the original release so imho to release the glass nose now for relatively little further cost to the manufacturer would keep the momentum going.

If you have bought and built the FBVI then a lot would go for the bomber as well.

:thumbsup:

I agree with what you are saying Edgar, but the FBVI kit has been produced with bomber parts that the instructions tell you not to use for the FBVI.

It only needs the glass nose, and floor and sidewalls for the nose internals, some decals and away you go.

Two additional small sprues and decals and you have the new version.

We are a few years down the line now from the original release so imho to release the glass nose now for relatively little further cost to the manufacturer would keep the momentum going.

If you have bought and built the FBVI then a lot would go for the bomber as well.

:thumbsup:

It will need a new nose from the wing spar forward, quite a bit of the cockpit, new canopy and a new lower wing/bomb bay with and the internal details/fuel cells. Bomb bay doors. New fabric covered elevators. New single brake wheels. Edited by Dave 0

I like the idea of a new tool Mosquito in 1/32nd scale, particularly if it was the glass nose version. I could probably find space in my cabinet for one of those. I'd be even more interested if it were Tamiya although I think that is unlikely.

As far as the "verbal hand grenade" goes, it is irritating when someone does that but at least we all now know there is one in the works somewhere,..by someone....at sometime,..........possibly :rolleyes: