Next ZM kit competition soon...

Kagemusha

I remember quite some time ago, someone here had mentioned something about ZM doing a Coursair, but cant recall who or when. But I know it was brought up.....Harv

I don't think Z-M had neither Merlins, Wright R3350's nor Daimler Benz engines displayed in their showroom. But still they produced airplane kits with these engines. So a big engine now would most likely be there for decoration purposes. I hope for a British WW2 plane.

Stein

I don't think Z-M had neither Merlins, Wright R3350's nor Daimler Benz engines displayed in their showroom. But still they produced airplane kits with these engines. So a big engine now would most likely be there for decoration purposes. I hope for a British WW2 plane.

Stein

No, whoever this was on LSP, distinctly said it was in their headquarters, with a distinct sign reading that the engine "will be in the next SWS release"

Take it for what its worth, but it just sounds like Mr Shigeta is just stepping up their "guessing game" before the next release

I like the way Zoukei Muira play this game. I enjoy the anticipation and all of the hype on the various forums.

The way their luck has gone lately it will probably be something someone else has just released or is just about to release......

Of all of the thousands of possible candidates I will probably only be interested in one or two but I'm sure the kit will be just as well received as previous offerings and is likely to cause just as much debate over the amount of interior detailling offered versus the lack of kit provided weaponry.

I think that modern jets are off the menu though which is a shame. A two seat F-16 that had an accurate outline would probably be very welcome, particularly if lots of options were included for the various blocks and nations....

Trumpeter's Tomcats have also been on the receiving end of a bit of criticism so a brand new and accurate F-14 would surely be another winner even though many modellers already have a Tamiya or Trumpeter offering stashed.

Personally I'd love to see a Rafale and/or Gripen in 1/32nd to compliment the Typhoon but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

No, I'm expecting another prop job and for me to be persuaded to part with my money it would have to be either an early (BoB era) Spitfire or the aformentioned Mosquito.

So Andy or anybody,.........when you know more, please keep us in the loop.

Cheers.

*Edit: typo

Edited by geedubelyer

I seem to recall when ZM first started up they said they were only going to do 40's, 50', and maybe 60's aircraft, so I think you'll have to wait for someone else to produce your modern jet wants Guy.

It's a nice bit of fun by Zoukei Mura. B)

XP-56? Yeah, I'd easily part with my money for that one, but it has about 0.000001% chance of happening, from ZM anyway. Somebody like Derek might do that, but he has a lot on his list.

Likewise with the F7F-3P in colors of "Big Boss Man" at Reno. Love it, would buy it, not likely to be their next kit, but I can dream.

I could also dream of a Viggen or Draken, but not likely. (all in 1/32, of course). I won't even talk of the XF-85 Goblin, but would really like one of those. Airliners? In principle I love them, especially from the 30's, but they are even less likely.

Other people like Silver WIngs or even Lone Star Models are doing 30's subjects, so we won't get them from ZM.

If ZM build a Spitfire Mk.I or a Corsair they will likely sell well, but you can almost guarantee that Tamiya will instantly follow with the same aircraft delivering a different take on the detail, just like the P-51D kits.

I guess I have to scratchbuild my dreams or maybe build something already in my stash. I already have way too many to finish in a lifetime at my build rate (need to step that up, I guess).

Tnarg

lol

Im an idiot Andy......................ok now im with it.

Hrmm, so I take it then its still a WWII ara airframe. Hrmmm. So if its British, then that sort of eliminates the R2800.

How bout this for the next SWS model:

mosshow066.jpg

One can dream.............

Ah a new tool Mossie........................

To me, a 1/32 Mossie makes sense with us LSP folks, even more so than the 219 or even the Spad as far as popularity.

To me, a 1/32 Mossie makes sense with us LSP folks, even more so than the 219 or even the Spad as far as popularity.

Agreed. I really cant believe up to this point the ONLY LSP Mossie we have is the same one originally put out in the 70s.

Crazy. Especially thinking about if you took a poll between LSPers about which among the top "non-new-tool" LSP kits we have out there that is in the most dire need of a replacement, Id say most would put the old Revell Mossie at the top of the list