1/32 recovered B-17 - UPDATE 12/10/13 - FINISHED - YAY!

richdlc

Rich,

I have no superlatives that even come close to describing how good this build is...I wish you much luck at Telford; any award that you may attract will be thoroughly deserved in my book.

:bow:

Derek

This is just absolutely beautiful. I don't even know how you managed to accomplish a lot of this stuff, but it's absolutely perfect. Love every piece you built, painted, and weathered. Can't wait to see it all completed with the trailer and tractor as well.

Matt :party0023:

wow, just caught up with this thread - thanks so much guys! It's been a long slog but I'm getting there. Now I can relax a little bit as some of the pressure to finish the aircraft is off. The fun bit is planning & executing the diorama so stay tuned!

I like your build a lot, not only because it shows your modeling skills and eye for detail - and the stunning result of course - but also because it is more than just a model. I feel this model shows an aircraft in a historically rather unknown situation. It's real, it's original and an incredible effort when it comes to research and execution.

This is a model that would be an important piece in a museum, where many people can see it and read an explication on what is shown in the scène.

Fantastic job, congratulations! And thanks for showing us!

Nic