1/32 recovered B-17 - UPDATE 12/10/13 - FINISHED - YAY!

richdlc

This is the best build I have seen on this forum for some time. A true modeler. Just goes to show you that you do not need expensive kits. Just the determination to think up a project and get to it. OUTSTANDING!. And, by the way I hate you! Can't wait to see the total model and display.

:wow: :wow: :wow: Man, it just get any better than this ! Oe of the most outstanding builds of all time, sir ! Can't wait for more........Harv :popcorn: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

Thanks Harv! I wouldn't say that though haha, plenty of talented people on here..

Where's that worship-button...

:blush:

RIch

I am absolutely amazed and completely blown away by the level of detail. Simply outstanding.

Keep 'm coming

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Cheers Peter, and thanks for checking in. Time, patience & a level of insanity are needed.

Rich, that is flat-out amazing! Half the time I'm not sure if I'm looking at the model or reference photos of the real thing! A question for you though: what did you use to cut the rectangular brass sections with?

Kev

Once again Kev, you flatter me!

Absolutely stunning Rich. Wow.

Regards

Troy

thanks Troy, glad you like it. Especially pleased the American contingent like it

This is a totally amazing build Rich. I assume that you will be entering it into competition at Telford, in which case, I'd suggest that you clear a space for additional trophies!

Derek

Hey Derek, yes that's the plan. Funniky enough I'll probably need special permission to enter as the dio base is 3 feet by 1/5 feet!

Quite impressive, I must say.

Why thank you

Amazing!

Good on ya Ron, thanks for looking

Looking awesome Rich, nice work!

Thank you! Nearly done (I hope)

This is the best build I have seen on this forum for some time. A true modeler. Just goes to show you that you do not need expensive kits. Just the determination to think up a project and get to it. OUTSTANDING!. And, by the way I hate you! Can't wait to see the total model and display.

Ha, thanks trooper - determination is the right word, I'm sick of the sight of it haha

Very well done Rich!

I am happy you are able to work with the masks we created, and were willing to put up with my aggressive production approach. I cant wait to see what you do with the decal portion of the order.

As for crew ,you prolly already have seen or are aware of this set:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coree-CE-0056-1-35-Memphis-Belle-USAF-Crew-WWII-10-FIGURES-WW2-RESIN-/370852426523?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=YR4rJTdIk1wWgnPmh6iv60F4dsw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It shows up every now and then. I am really looking forward to the crew jackets.

thanks guys, and thanks Steve - I'll be sure to give you a good write up once the decals go on....

I have already got the crew set! I've got the old Legend Productions boxing...am planning to use 2 or 3 of the figures from it, so watch this space

thanks for checking in guys :-)

The talent ! The detail ! The originality ! Take a photo of it in black and white and it could be mistaken for the real thing!

Absolutely Fantastic!

Nic

Edited by Nic C.D.