1/16 scale scratch built AT-38B Talon-The Smurf jet is back!

Of all the things in that picture to live in, the stadium was not what I thought....

With that out of the way and to keep some goodies going on this thread, how 'bout s'more CAD...you know you want it!  

There's going to be a sprinkle of magic on some of these parts after printing.  I have tentative confidence that the resin I'm using would support the model on it's own but, long term I lose confidence in its strength quickly.  So I'll be working on a method to strengthen the parts and preserve them better than King Tut.  I'm thinking it could be a good alternative to aftermarket metal gear that seems to be the first or second thing people are clamoring for these days for their new kits.

MainGear1.png?format=2500w

MainGear2.png?format=2500w

MainGear3.png?format=2500w

MainGear4.png?format=2500w

TaTa see ya!

Timmy!

• 6 months later...

Ok-

back at it!

Timmy! Spent some time with me and figured out that I had placed the front cockpit too far forward by about an eighth of an inch.. and that was screwing up all of the other forward dimensions…so; Time to cut off the forward fuselage and re-set the front cockpit to the proper location.

I’ll carefully cut the fuselage at a specific bulkhead, and graft a new fuselage section on, making sure the cockpit goes where it should this time. Duh.

UegUFzm.jpg

SzxUNkM.jpg

Luckily I’ve got a bunch of these fuselage shells

bvBIRJ0.jpg

Timmy! Has been busy cranking out printed parts for me- here’s a smattering of his awesomeness 

ENhdfjx.jpg

jdfORwG.jpg
6P1lLgk.jpg

cheers

Pete