Cool reception for the new Dragon 1/32 Do335A

Royboy

I think the -335 is a great choice; a revolutionary plane(like the J7w1)and after seeing the -110C, the engineering, and mold techniques should set this kit as possibly a new standard. It sure will have a larger market than the vac kit from 1980. The Komet doesn't do anything for me(at this time!) but I'll transfer that money to the Ar-196. No rules that we have to buy every kit. I'll prolly wait to get a HE-111, but would rather have a couple of wing nuts new kits, and the NATE,and CLAUDE when they arrive.

Everybody has their own perference for what A/C they want to see in 1/32 so certain A/C aren't going to float the boat for everyone. That's why the LSP staff did that 3 part poll for what we want to see in 1/32 for the spectrum of aviation. I think the Do 335 was the #1 requested kit for WW2 German A/C.

Me, I love late war German WW2 A/C so I'm thrilled at the Do 335 coming out. I'm sure there will be conversion to make the 2 seater and the B version and version's of the proposed nightfighter and the B versions with the different extended wings. Maybe even the ever so creative Steve G. will attempt a Do 335Z conversion for is own?

I'd love to see an Me 410, He 219, Do 17/217, Ho 229.

I'm also a Luft '46 fan so I have a number of 1/72 Luft '46 A/C.

Mark H

I can count the number of Luftwaffe subjects I have in the (ever increasing) stash on one hand. The number completed? Zero. I ooh and ah over great work I see here but the whole range just doesn't get the 'ol juices flowing, so there it is. I may just resurrect that Stuka build for the Clear the Bench GB however....

I find myself sighing with relief when a new release announcement doesn't have anything on my gotta-have it list! The 335 is certainly unique, and I might even pick one up at some point (built a 1/48 one as a kid) but my credit card isn't on fire for once, so I'm OK with that!

The 335 has just doesn't get the juices flowing for me either. I am just not interested in the plane but that's just me. Clearly there are many that really like it so it appears it may do well for them? hopefully it does so it doesn't put them off from releasing more in this scale that may have a broader interest out there :D

I am very happy with the Do 335. It is a favourite. I hope to see Dragon do the A-12 two seater and the B-1 destroyer - all were built and flew (though mostly within allied testing programmes). I would, however, admit that there's not exactly a massive range of markings options for this a/c (most interesting are the 'half finished' machines with several unpainted sections.

I think that between them Dragon, Revell Germany, Trumpeter, Hasegawa, Eduard and a host of smaller companies will cover most Luft and non- Luft wants in the coming years. If Revell and Dragon are going to get into '32 in a big way, our main concerns will be where to get the money to buy and display them.

I'm very happy with that situation.

Matt

I like the DO-335 too but what I'd really love to see is a P-51B/C. I sincerely hope Tamiya will soon do one in the same manner as the Spit IX. Now THAT would be awsome! Just think of all the cool schemes and markings that could be applied.

John :D

Favourite plane to go for spin in - Komet...yeeha

Favourite motorbike to take on the track - NSR500 two stroke...yeeha

Looking forward to both.

Rocket powered planes...to the tune of Magic Carpet Ride...what a rush.

I think the Do335 is an excellent choice and I. for one, will be first in line to buy and build one.

Good for you, Dragon, even if you did hedge your bet and also crap out anofher Me163, which had already been done before.

I willl ignore the Me-163, but not the Do335, which I am quite enthused about.

Good for you!

Stephen

The Do 335A is on my list of wants, so I'm glad to see it come along and I will buy one.

Actually, if the timing is right, I already know what I'm getting for Christmas! As for

the Me 163, if the price is right, I might get it, but I've got the Hasegawa kit and I can

live with that one if the price is not right.

Still hoping someone will give me a He 219 someday....

- Patrick

I think the Do335 is an excellent choice and I. for one, will be first in line to buy and build one.

Good for you, Dragon, even if you did hedge your bet and also crap out anofher Me163, which had already been done before.

I willl ignore the Me-163, but not the Do335, which I am quite enthused about.

Good for you!

Stephen

What he said..................exactly.

Cheers,

Brian

Hello

Between all my whishes, it's german, wwII, and big! I will dream about a 210/410 or other 110G4 during all the year of 2011...

Horrrrrrrrrrrrrrriidooooooooooooooooooooo! :-))))))

I've bought all the DML 335 kits in braille scale, hunted down the limited editions of the last year to (B-4 and this) and also have some conversions (twin and mixed prop/jet) in the stash. Also considered Combats vacu kit for the second half of this year. So should I buy a injected styrene LSP 335? Yep! Yippiehyahooooooooh!

I have also the braillescale Me-410. 2 of them. One Eduard hi-tech, one Finemold. But this is a much more complex design than the 335. Look at all that large transparencies plus the side bubbles and the visible internal stuff. So it is wise by Dragon to start with the simpler designs first to get it right (and to cut down the marketing risks).

Looking forward to build one or two of the 335 and to make some conversions. Bigger guns are better :DodgeBall:

Regards - dutik

Just my two cents (euro cents, of course :rolleyes: )

Of course there will be people happy and people unhappy (or let us call it less happy) with any release. I have always liked Do-335 but that is not the reason why I am surprised about this discussion. I cannot remember anybody complaining or discussing the choice of Special Hobby bringing He-100, not to speak about loud cheers on release resin kits of almost uknown (at least to me) aircraft (I do not mention respective types since I do not want to hurt anybody whose sweethearts they are :DodgeBall: ). The manufacturers are doing their best to please us, they step by step bring new and new and if I live long enough I will see my F-102 in 32nd too :frantic: (anybody from the manufacturers reading this ?) So let us enjoy all comers.

By the way, even though not produced in large numbers, it has been used (I am not a Luftwaffe expert, anybody correct me), I remember Pierre Clostermann mentioning a brief encounter with Do-335 in Le Grand Circus.

Best to all

Jozef