• Days Won

LSP_K2 last won the day on April 24

LSP_K2 had the most liked content!

3 Followers

About LSP_K2

• Birthday 09/12/1953

Profile Information

• Interests
    My hobby interests are all over the map, being particularly fond of aircraft from the WWII, Korean & Viet Nam war era timeframes. I also have a "thing" for the Century series jets, as well as the first generation of jets. I'm also a BIG fan of all the attack aircraft types, making for a rather substantial swath through history regarding military aviation in general that absorbs me. Also a WWI aviation buff, being particularly attracted to the Fokker Dr.I and D.VII. Recently I have developed a taste for Hellenic Air Force subjects, specifically the Mirage 2000 (what a beauty), F-4 Rhino and F-16 Viper.

As is probably well known here by now, I'm also a major fan of the venerable Hawker Typhoon; what a splendid aircraft!

Recent Profile Visitors

17,697 profile views
  1. And yet another in a long list of boo-boos (lately I’m starting to feel that I could even screw up a free lunch), is this rather innocuous looking piece (F5), armored glass for the windscreen, which should have been painted and installed before gluing the windscreen in place, which I of course have already done. The Eduard set has mask pieces for this, and I had no idea what they were for. Once I figured it out, I just shook my head. It might be a good opportunity to try my sticky stix though.
  2. Yes I do, I just need to finish it (along with about three dozen other projects I've started over the years). I'd sent the link to my WIP, but Photobucket made sure all of the images are now long gone.
  3. I've long held a view that these aircraft need to stay on the ground, despite the fact that I like seeing them fly. In a couple of weeks, there will be an airshow here with a flying P-38, P-51, P-47 and F4U Corsair. Unfortunately, I am unable to secure a pass to get in this year (long story), so despite being just a few miles away, I'll be missing it all.
  4. Not related directly, but the Revell 1:72 Gato is also pretty darn nice.
  5. I've got a couple sheets, but have not yet tried them out. My understanding is that they generally work great.
  6. I'd say the wide majority of them are still readily available, yes. The exceptions might be the George and Jack, though they too can still can be found if you want to pay the silly high prices for them.
  7. Nice! Is this the one he crashed while doing a ridiculously low pass of the airfield?
  8. I'm working on a 1:48 P-51D right now and have run into a bit of a snag. I have conflicting information regarding the windscreen and canopy interior colors. Does anyone know for sure what is appropriate for a WWII US machine? Thanks a bunch,
  9. After a good cleaning of the airbrush, I've now spritzed some light grey primer (Alclad) on and it looks like there's still more work to do, as I had presumed it would. All things considered, pretty minor stuff really, so I imagine I'll start putting color on it next week sometime.
  10. And now primer again, this time with the Alclad thinned somewhat. Looks pretty decent, but some very minor problems still persist. Either way, I expect to be spraying the metal shades by next week sometime, if not sooner.