Mirage III C ( my way) final stage

alain11

Hi all 

well I don't want to start a whole WIP , for this project ,but rather a review of..... enhancement ??! ( I've tried ) , so , I won't talk to you about fitting issues from nose cone to tail end , wings / fuselage etc.etc, and other "annoying" stuffs   talented people here have already did it better than I would do . so , here is the list of improvements done on some " strategic" areas namely : cockpit - IP , IP coaming , side walls , rear bulkhead, seat .. pictures are rather explaining than words

instrument panel :kit part  not conform to the C version

tc310.jpg  

tc410.jpg

side walls , little details added according to pictures of C version 

tc510.jpg

tc610.jpg

tc710.jpg

IP coaming 

tc910.jpg

tc1110.jpg

rear bulkhead differ from the kit part on a few details  

tc1210.jpg

tc1310.jpg

tc1610.jpg

the ejection seat come from the Paul Fischer's set ( resin cockpit for Mirage III E) , this is the MK 4 , 

20161212.jpg

Edited by alain11

Hi all 

thank you guys for your interest  :thumbsup: ... The next " strategic" area : the wheel wells, front and main . details moulded by Italieri are .... not so bad , one can live with  , but somethings can also be improved . I think the front gear bay is the poorest in details , this bay is more "busy" , big "pipes"are running all  along , I have pictures of this area , and this is not obvious to determine "what is what" , it's a real mess inside ... I let you judge

bav111.jpg

bav211.jpg

bav311.jpg

Inside the main gear bay , details are not much better ( my opinion) once again wires are added + small stuffs here and there ...don't pay attention to the speed break bay , all will be closed at the end 

118.jpg

212.jpg

312.jpg

3bis10.jpg

Hi all 

thank you mates for your interest and comments , it's really appreciated  :thumbsup: ....so , let's continu this quick review . the landing gear . the kit parts are nice , especially the front one , good details , even if I wish "sharper " details ( never satisfied  :whistle: ) this said , wires , cables  must be added

ta210.jpg 

ta410.jpg

the main gear legs . Italieri provide nice parts , but ...these gear legs are not conform to the C version,( however nicely cast for the E version) ..... the only thing we have to do is to remove the actuator cylinder , and make a " reinforcement " leg (??) . of course , once again the eternal wires and cables must be added  

on the left , the original part

tb110.jpg

tb210.jpg

note the position of the new "reinforcement leg" 

tb310.jpg

to be continu right now 

Alain