Hello friends of Plastimodelismo and scratchbuild. Finished the Gripen E in the 1/25 scale produced in polystyrene plastic, radar radome balsa wood and subalar tank, resin in the reproduction of the main wheel and acetate vacumm form of the canopy, aluminum of the Turkish petals and structure in MDF.
The project cost me a month and the construction 4 months in the scratchbuild technique. It was not easy since there is not a good descriptive plan of the new SAAB fighter. I had to unfold and take as a basis the C / D model plant and adapt it into an art in three low resolution views of the E model, but that was not easy.
The design itself was elaborated in CorelDraw later designed the constructive parts of the model and finally engraved in a pendrive for the cut of the plastic and MDF in a friend that does this service of cut of the pieces in laser.
As there were mistakes on my part in the preparation of the project I had to make adjustments in the construction with a satisfactory result. I produced a master wheel for copying with silicone mold and later produced two main wheels.
I also made an array to pull the heat the canopy. I made all the markings on the fuselage in relief of the rivets. I made the exhaust nozzle of the engine GE F-414 in plastic but I did not like the result, refiz in 0.30mm aluminum obeying the photos I have of what we call "Turkish petals". Lastly the techniques of paint with wash among others. I produced two South African / Brazilian A-DARTER manufacturing missiles with magnets to attach them to the wooden wing tips rails and 0.5mm polystyrene plastic fins and translucent acrylic tip. About the painting I have to wait for the definition of the FAB since I intend to do in the official colors, as everything is speculation I prefer to wait for the official photos. There are many more details to mention but I am willing to ask questions of friends and waiting for more colleagues to go through scratcbuild.
big hug to all