1/32 Trumpeter P-51B Mustang with Aerocraft corrections

1 hour ago, Steve Eagle said:

Personally, after trying to use a Trumpeter kit in the past, I gave up on it. I did a conversion using the Revell D/some parts from other places, and got reasonable results.
Tolga, you are doing a nice bit of work with this. Looking forward to seeing your final results. 

Thanks Steve

15 minutes ago, PEYSSON Gilles said:

Hello Tolga
This P51B by of "Don" Gentile was my third 1/32 model in 1977 from Revell......... mine is not perfect !

Have a good assembly

Now, always in my showcase !

6plDRb-vitrine-004.jpg

Gilles

Wow

In 1977 I could only build 1/72 Matchbox kits Gilles

Sunu1.jpg

Another issue with the Trumpeter kit are the ammo panels depicted as the "D" model, in the B/C model were smaller since it had 2 machiguns per wing, the wing light panel gives  you the reference to allinge with the end of the ammo panel, hope it helps, cheers

wingt.jpg

Screenshot-2173.png

106594660-10158340698672403-849815319789

Edited by Antonio Argudo

51 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks Steve

Wow

In 1977 I could only build 1/72 Matchbox kits Gilles

Sunu1.jpg

Hi Tolga

I was born in 1960 and started making models in 1970 in 1/72 scale for WWII aircraft ( Heller, Frog, Airfix ... ) and other models in all scales ( boats, warships ...... ).
In 1977, I discovered 1/32 with Revell and Matchbox and started this magnificent scale which I haven't abandoned since !

Gilles

31 minutes ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Another issue with the Trumpeter kit are the ammo panels depicted as the "D" model, in the B/C model were smaller since it had 2 machiguns per wing, the wing light panel gives  you the reference to allinge with the end of the ammo panel, hope it helps, cheers

wingt.jpg

Screenshot-2173.png

106594660-10158340698672403-849815319789

Thanks Antonio

I wonder what other inaccuracies will appear in Trumpeter's kit that I didn't notice. :shrug:

Shame on the kit manufacturers for not giving us a nice P-51B for all these years.

6 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks Antonio

I wonder what other inaccuracies will appear in Trumpeter's kit that I didn't notice. :shrug:

Shame on the kit manufacturers for not giving us a nice P-51B for all these years.

Unfortunately this kit has many flaws in shape... I found a useful use of it as a mule :)

the good news is that ZM will release finally one, it is official after many years

cheers

Whats-App-Image-2024-02-22-at-6-31-31-PM

1 hour ago, Antonio Argudo said:

the good news is that ZM will release finally one, it is official after many years

Really? I have seen no such confirmation. 

Edited by BiggTim

1 hour ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Unfortunately this kit has many flaws in shape... I found a useful use of it as a mule :)

cheers

Whats-App-Image-2024-02-22-at-6-31-31-PM

Due to its shadow profile it will be an Allison engine Mustang

33 minutes ago, Antonio Argudo said:

only thing we know it is not a D, to be confirmed  :)

For my opinion this silhouette is an Allison Mustang

And I want both of them

"And another!
Finally, that very famous aircraft, which was once under development by my wife's initiative, will be coming in a new, completely redesigned form. I can only show you a silhouette of it now, as it is still a long way off. It will fill a big missing piece in the collection of aircraft model! Luftwaffe is under threatl!  "

img_134bsilhouette01.jpg

11 hours ago, BiggTim said:

I'm anxious to see what Tolga can do with this kit, as I have one on the shelf as well!!

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

What BiggTim has mentioned already:  I'm anxious to see what Tolga can do with this kit, as I have one on the shelf as well!!  X two!   

Tolga Tolga!!.  :popcorn::clap2::bow:

Thanks a lot :punk::whistle::innocent: