SBD-3 Dauntless, Battle of Midway, June 4 1942

Borsos

On 2/23/2024 at 2:34 PM, Borsos said:

Thank you all very much!

Thanks! That means, he doesn’t look like Ed Skrein… Another reason not to portray B-1 from VB-6. :)

Here’s the engine and some parts from that area:

IMG-2902.jpg

Bonus points for not painting the stainless steel dishpan interior green..... something i've been seeing on a lot of Airfix F6F Hellcat builds.

On 2/28/2024 at 2:49 PM, Borsos said:

IMG-2958.jpg

I had bought a new saw blade for my crosscut and miter saw… The doctor said, I was lucky. However, this build is on halt at the moment.

Been there, done that, thrice:

1st time:  With a carpet knife.

2nd time:  An Exacto # 11 blade.

3rd time:  Reached out to grab the blade of a hedge trimmer that had kicked back on me.  The Emergency Room doc was not impressed with me.

As I have previously quoted my dear, departed Mother:  "Son, you may not be the smartest person but you make up for it by not being very bright."  :shrug:

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 5:51 AM, amurray said:

Been there, done that, thrice:

1st time:  With a carpet knife.

2nd time:  An Exacto # 11 blade.

3rd time:  Reached out to grab the blade of a hedge trimmer that had kicked back on me.  The Emergency Room doc was not impressed with me.

Ouch! That sounds really painful!

On 3/1/2024 at 1:19 AM, David Hansen said:

Bonus points for not painting the stainless steel dishpan interior green..... something i've been seeing on a lot of Airfix F6F Hellcat builds.

thanks, David! I just followed the color photos in my Detail & Scale book. 

The bandages get thinner and I made a little progress on the engine:

IMG-3094.jpg
it‘s not easy to place a micro engine behind a plastic replica of an actual engine. One needs to lengthen the engine‘s shaft and as soon as the engine is glued in place you can be sure that the shaft tilts. I work with brass tubes of different diameters and with micro engines that have a shaft running through the whole body. That makes a bedding from both sides possible. At last I locked the engine between firewall and „dishpan“, but didn’t glue it there. It remains moveable and thus prevents it from tilting. That’s the result of some evenings trial and error…

IMG-3096.jpg

Edited by Borsos

• 2 weeks later...