Thoughts about Possible Future Kotare Releases - NOT a wishlist

MikeC

19 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

I bet their first "off-track" kit could be a CAC-13 Boomerang!

A pretty little aircraft, not so well known and there´s only a resin kit on the 32 market.

Stefan :beer:

Second that suggestion- why not? 

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Why? The Hasegawa kit is quite good.

Absolutely fair question.  I hear that the Hasegawa 109F is good.  I also heard the Hasegawa 109K is pretty good.  For the record, I haven’t built either yet.  Hasegawa already had a 109K but Kotare did one anyway.  It seems to me that the Hasegawa 109F doesn’t stay on the shelves long and I’ve only seen the one tropical version of the kit.  By gap, I meant there seems to be a gap in supply vs demand.  I should have used better wording.  Cheers!

3 hours ago, Pete G. said:

Absolutely fair question.  I hear that the Hasegawa 109F is good.  I also heard the Hasegawa 109K is pretty good.  For the record, I haven’t built either yet.  Hasegawa already had a 109K but Kotare did one anyway.  It seems to me that the Hasegawa 109F doesn’t stay on the shelves long and I’ve only seen the one tropical version of the kit.  By gap, I meant there seems to be a gap in supply vs demand.  I should have used better wording.  Cheers!

Thanks for the clarification. Well, the Hasegawa Kurfurst is a mixed bag. The very weird fat spine and too round spinner are spoiling the look if not corrected. The kit also has a fuselage length issue even if this is not really noticeable on kits without the nose gun "Beule". Such issues also affect the G10. The Friedrich has none of them. I do not even want to mention the Trumpeter K case problems. I think this explains the K initial choice by Kotare. I agree about the supply but I'm afraid Kotare is alas not really better than Hasegawa for that. They rely on the same batch production philosophy. When a kit is OOP you never know when it will come back! <_<

20 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Just checking in on this thread after a while to see if it has turned into a wish list yet :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Ultimately, it always has been, but coined loosely in appealing logic, interspersed with occasional pleading and brow beating and post-mortems on ancient offerings. The modelling gods will only be satisfied at this stage with ritual blood-letting.

Tony 

Assuming they stay with WWII, my guess is a Typhoon.

Iconic, big impressive model but still single engined, and like the early Spit and K (I think) a tad underdone in 1/32? 

Not a ton of variants, but cool load-outs. 

It isn't on my wish-list, but this is not about that, right? ;) 

Kels.

7 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Just checking in on this thread after a while to see if it has turned into a wish list yet :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Oh ye of little faith! :coolio:

Up to 18 pages, and still reasonably on topic - thanks for that everyone, and for all your interesting input. :thumbsup:

On 2/26/2024 at 9:45 AM, Dennis7423 said:

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

LOL, it's always been nothing more than a wish list, just flavored with a bit of discussion regarding the business case for one's fav subject.    Long may this wish list prosper! 

8 hours ago, John1 said:

LOL, it's always been nothing more than a wish list, just flavored with a bit of discussion regarding the business case for one's fav subject.    Long may this wish list prosper! 

Your P51k is a remote possibility 

On 2/27/2024 at 2:14 AM, Tony T said:

Ultimately, it always has been, but coined loosely in appealing logic, interspersed with occasional pleading and brow beating and post-mortems on ancient offerings. The modelling gods will only be satisfied at this stage with ritual blood-letting.

Tony 

:post1: