*** Finished*** 1/32 Hasegawa P-47D-30 "Duck Butt"

Tolga ULGUR

23 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Great work Tolga! And thank you for reminding me how to do the fix in the cowl position.

Cheers,  Tom

23 hours ago, Collin said:

Ah yes....the standard cowling fix needed for this kit (and also filling in the sink marks).  Looking good Tolga.

Cheers

Collin

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

Great work with the Alclad, Tolga. I have yet to try them, having seen mixed reviews (but, admittingly, some amazing finishes). I may have to give them a try at some point.

Keep up the great work!

John

Thanks John

I started using Alclad a long time ago. I have been using Alclad for years for all metal painting. It takes some experience to get good results. I encountered some unexpected problems initially. Once you get used to it, it's usually problem-free

2 hours ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

Great work with the Alclad, Tolga. I have yet to try them, having seen mixed reviews (but, admittingly, some amazing finishes). I may have to give them a try at some point.

Keep up the great work!

John

1 hour ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks John

I started using Alclad a long time ago. I have been using Alclad for years for all metal painting. It takes some experience to get good results. I encountered some unexpected problems initially. Once you get used to it, it's usually problem-free

I'll second that. I started out using Model Master Metalizers and switched to Alclad some years ago. They are much more durable and I didn't really have any difficulty with them from the get go. Here's a shot of a Tamiya P-47 I did a few years ago, done in all Alclad. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread Tolga.

aEgFesi.jpg

Edited by jep1210

10 hours ago, jep1210 said:

I'll second that. I started out using Model Master Metalizers and switched to Alclad some years ago. They are much more durable and I didn't really have any difficulty with them from the get go. Here's a shot of a Tamiya P-47 I did a few years ago, done in all Alclad. I hope I'm not hijacking your thread Tolga.

aEgFesi.jpg

I've been using Alclad since it first came out. Maybe 15 years. In the beginning, crystallization may occur from time to time and then some cracking may occur. This may depend on the airbrushing angle and the dampness of the primer. But I haven't had any problems for years and many natural metal finishes have been successful.

Here is one of these examples