*** Finished*** 1/32 Hasegawa P-47D-30 "Duck Butt"

Tolga ULGUR

Hi Guys,

Something must have bitten me because as if the crowd on my bench wasn't enough, this one also added to work in progress. I'm thinking of consulting my doctor May be a kind of year-end madness triggered with global warming .

This will be finished as a D30 "Duck Butt" like on boxart.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

I’m in.

I like the idea of the Quickboost engine, the last time I built up a P&W 2800 it took so long that I had lost  interest by the time it was finished.

John

Thanks John

Yes, I will use the front part of the quickboost set with the correct magnetos from Trumpeter as on my previous Hasegawa P-47 projects 

47 minutes ago, quang said:

Haha! You’re not the only one who gets bitten by the JUG BUG. I’ll be doing Fred Christensen’s D-25 Rozzie Geth II … in 1/48. :mental: I know, I know…

Cheers,

Q

Haha

Rozzie Geth II ; good choice and this is in my to do list

I guess you built the new Miniart kit.

Just now, Tolga ULGUR said:

Thanks John

Ha ha, pull out your Montex set, it s had enough rest  :lol:

We'll see how my P-47 shakes out. I just ordered a Quinta cockpit set, mainly for the placards, but the engine will be another story. I would also like to build a Trumpeter Razorback soon and would likely use some of the engine parts, as you've shown. I may have to make resin copies, but I need to get the kit, first. It's the one thing on my Christmas list. My family is WELL aware. We'll see what happens. :lol:

John

20 minutes ago, mywifehatesmodels said:

We'll see how my P-47 shakes out. I just ordered a Quinta cockpit set, mainly for the placards, but the engine will be another story. I would also like to build a Trumpeter Razorback soon and would likely use some of the engine parts, as you've shown. I may have to make resin copies, but I need to get the kit, first. It's the one thing on my Christmas list. My family is WELL aware. We'll see what happens. :lol:

John

It's a good idea to copy the necessary engine parts. I also intend to do a razorback soon. Probably in the new year.
Good luck with your P-47 project and your christmas gift :punk:

Some progress

Aires cockpit parts painted.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Aires set has early style rudder pedals. ( If I am not mistaken MDC has both of them)

So it needs to be upgraded. I used Trumpy Razorback pedal parts for my D30. It worked with small surgery touches.

The funny thing is that the pedals in the Trumpy Razorback kit are also wrong for the Razorback. They also need to be backdated. 

Ahh mortal world !!

16.jpg

17.jpg