Reproduction Wingnutwings?

Yamamoto

On 11/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, Dave Williams said:

Is there a link to these eBay listings?  I can’t find anything.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/364592699366?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=dhx9sbdvswc&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=nceNY246RNC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Yamamoto
translation error

12 minutes ago, Yamamoto said:

Thanks, but €249 for the W.12 does not seem like a reduced price.  Wouldn’t even be a great price for the W.29.  I believe the W.12 was in one of the first batches of newly “found” warehouse stash WNW kits that started being released a year or so ago.  I remember getting one from Sprue Brothers for half that price.

Edit: Ordered the W.12 on Dec. 5 2022 for $142.

Edited by Dave Williams

2 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

The periodic "discovery" of "new stocks" of kits leads me to believe someone in China is still pumping these things out.

As an ex-staff, I doubt that someone is "pumping these things out", considering that decals are produced in Italy, and some sprues are located in a different Asian country.

No type of answer here, but will add that two of my purchases of the #32004 WNW Bristol Fighter had the same issue of unsealed decal bags with no photo etch within, so I contacted WNW customer service (about three months ago) from website with attached photos and they were replaced. It did take some time for them to be located which was fine with me.

Also the W.29 was again available with the final wave so perhaps the seller got several?

Edited by phasephantomphixer

19 hours ago, Dave J said:

As an ex-staff, I doubt that someone is "pumping these things out", considering that decals are produced in Italy, and some sprues are located in a different Asian country.

So you think there are still kits from the original runs sitting in warehouses and suddenly turning up in Andy's Hobbies?

I don't want to get all conspiratorial on you, just wondering.

Edited by Bill Cross

26 minutes ago, Bill Cross said:

So you thing there are still kits from the original runs sitting in warehouses and suddenly turning up in Andy's Hobbies?

I don't want to get all conspiratorial on you, just wondering.

Andy's from what I can tell received a rather large inventory of the last WNW stored kits, same as other stores which are still dwindling as we type.

Well, even though I have to translate the pages to english, I could only find one other WNW kit in his feedback past year that was the Meng Triplane. Also saw it the only one listed in current page, but sure i'm missing what you found. Link for me only shows as model-construction shop in Minden. Is that one of the shops that received WNW kits in numbers? Would be something if they were selling alot of earlier out of production ones. 

We know WnW was only packaging kits after having purchased subcontracted components here and there. We also know some sprues appeared in different kits. So the logistics of that range was really a job in itself. Accordingly, I'm understanding that besides kits there were surely remaining stocks of various components when they froze their activities. It is also possible they had ordered more plastic components to release some special editions. However, financially speaking, as the company lacked money it made sense to sell what was ready to go. So, I'm wondering if silently they did not get limited quantities of the missing links to be able to release new small batches of existing references... Otherwise, their storage of kits ready to go was totally inefficient and I do not believe that because besides research, design and quality control their main job was precisely... logistics!

Without answering this issue I want to point to the fact that MBK Germany did initially not recieve any postwar Ninak kits at the beginning of the sales by error of WNW, while the other retailers recieved them. But later in the year the Ninak popped up at MBKs shop. There also re-emerged WNW kits at MBK that were marked as "sold out" earlier in the year. So I just think that the remaining WNW kits were sent to the known retail shops in batches. Maybe - but this is a pure guess of mine - there are still a few kits elsewhere in a storage, just overlooked or forgotten back then. But I would not bet my money on this.

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

as the company lacked money it made sense to sell what was ready to go.

Peter Jackson has been "valued" at New Zealand Dollars 650 Million. He owns the company. Where is the company "lacking" money? He could have kept WNW going from his personal wealth, no problem at all. There is more to this story and maybe we will never know the whole truth. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

57 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Peter Jackson has been "valued" at New Zealand Dollars 650 Million. He owns the company. Where is the company "lacking" money? He could have kept WNW going from his personal wealth, no problem at all. There is more to this story and maybe we will never know the whole truth. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

This is the reason that was given at that time: they stopped their activities because profitability was not there. You may be rich and stop one of your activities because it is losing money.

22 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I thought the same about some kit components and more particularly the Cartograph decals. This is why I'm puzzled! 

As long as you can confirm that these are indeed Cartograf decals and not just copies printed by another manufacturer and marked as done by Cartograf. Considering that I personally own a 1/72 version of one of 1/48 Aeromaster or Eagle Strike sheets downscaled by a Chinese company, I wouldn't discard such a possibility...