Galland's 109E

Gazzas

Galland needs little introduction, so I'll limit this opening to the goodies involved.

I got a sweet deal a few years ago from a fellow LSP'er on this Dragon 109e4:

acyberhobbybf109e41a.jpg

FYI, the wheel well cloth covers are pliable and in great shape.

He sweetened the deal by throwing in some great AM:

Eagleparts main wheels.

RB Productions metal canopy framing...   a little nervous about using that one.  Am I just supposed to glue it over the clear parts?

CMK resin control column.

I'll be adding the 1/32 Def Models figure whom I hope will look like the pilot and not some Peugot salesman from Marseille.  I may also add some other figures from my stash if I can flesh out the build a bit.

d

Edited by Gazzas

Here are three of the guys who will star with the pilot in this build.  The guy with the camera is by Black Dog.  The other two are by ICM with heads that I got from some place in Canada.  There will be more, but I couldn't get much else done because I was babysitting the Granddaughter.

5GdZqd.jpg

Looking forward to this one!

As for the RB Productions canopy, if it's the same type product as my F-2 build, you add the clear windows, which I believe you cut from a clear sheet that's provided in the set.

Hans-von-Hahn-109-F-014.jpg

Hans-von-Hahn-109-F-013.jpg

Hans-von-Hahn-109-F-027.jpg

I remember it being kind of a nightmare to assemble, but I didn't use any sort of bending jig. Just razor blades and hobby knives. It was worth the effort, but I wouldn't do another without one of those tools designed for bending PE. 

:popcorn:

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

• 1 month later...

I'm not really an interior detail guy.  So, when it comes to cockpits, my mojo can suffer.  And as I neared the end of this cockpit, I realised I needed a parachute sitting in the pit to give it the 'just-exited' look.  The kit PE seat belts helped in the endeavor, being easily shaped to give the look i wanted.  The parachute body was made of balsa and the strapping by masking tape.  I added some real metal buckles at the ends. 

kEBiYg.jpg

OQmj8g.jpg

zpopO0.jpg

N7pgnQ.jpg

Having recently completed the ZM 109G14...   I have to say that the cockpit of this E is superior.  Especially when it came to the IP.  Even though a decal isn't supplied in the kit, I think the relief was good enough to paint by hand. 

5AGP9H.jpg

Another thing I liked is the moulded plastic handles in full 3d shape.  So much nicer than 1d PE parts.  The plastic toffles and levers are just so much better.

EGLONS.jpg

I didn't ignore the cockpit sides either.  But they're pretty meh.

YzWfK0.jpg

oRvLn1.jpg