Traumatic events in my life (graphic content)

Neo

I'm sorry to hear. 

I'ts like nowadays you're not allowed to have beatiful stuff. There is always someone in the vicinity who is jealous and take it from you or damage it.

It happend to me a month ago...

For a couple of months I was the proud owner of  a 2019 BMW 330D original M, it had all the bells and wisle's.

Till one morning.... I wanted to go of to work and noticed that some broke is open and took the stearingwheel, BMW I-drive, Gear leaver, screen and the HUD.

The BMW dealer informed me that it would take at least 2 months to repair becouse of a shortage in parts and labour. At least 15K to reapair

So the insurance company declaired it totalled.

Two weaks after I left the car in the trusted hands of the insurance company I tracked the car with the BMW app and noticed it was fully driving again in the eastern part of Europe.....

5 hours ago, O.W said:

I'm sorry to hear. 

I'ts like nowadays you're not allowed to have beatiful stuff. There is always someone in the vicinity who is jealous and take it from you or damage it.

It happend to me a month ago...

For a couple of months I was the proud owner of  a 2019 BMW 330D original M, it had all the bells and wisle's.

Till one morning.... I wanted to go of to work and noticed that some broke is open and took the stearingwheel, BMW I-drive, Gear leaver, screen and the HUD.

The BMW dealer informed me that it would take at least 2 months to repair becouse of a shortage in parts and labour. At least 15K to reapair

So the insurance company declaired it totalled.

Two weaks after I left the car in the trusted hands of the insurance company I tracked the car with the BMW app and noticed it was fully driving again in the eastern part of Europe.....

Being a long time Beemer guy, it pains me to hear this.  And they keep telling us that all is good in the world and society is in the best place it has ever been.

Sorry to hear about what happened. I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt which is the important thing. 

A friend had his 1 year old Toyota 4Runner stolen just over a month ago. He had an aftermarket tracking device on it so he knew where the car was. The cops sadly weren't interested and neither was the insurance company. He's been tracking his car ever since and watched it leave Toronto, head to Montreal, then leave there most likely in a container. It crossed the Atlantic and at the beginning of the month was going through the Straits of Gibraltar. 

Canada sadly has an extremely high car theft rate now and it's not getting better. 

Damn, so sorry this happened. Scary, and I really see NO point in what they did?

Unless it was just outright jealousy...........but they they would have to be fairly close to you or else they just drove by your house once and decided to risk a felony on burning someones car up.

Do the cops have any leads? 

This is definitely why I keep my new Tacoma with a ton of after market on it in my garage.

Thanks, everyone for the kind words and support !! The only other theory is that the target was the previous owners, this is a nice neighbourhood with tons of fancy cars,  if this had happened where I lived before jealousy would have made sense, here it makes a lot less. A theory is that one of the kids who lived here before had a red sports car so maybe it's an idiot who was late to the party and thought it was his car vs mine.

We are super quiet ppl don't see anyone wanting to get at me or try to murder my family in the process.    

Police were present in the first day , but i think they have more important cases to work, they said there would be active patrols by my house for at least 3months, my cameras have not spotted a cop car since the event! The previous owners even called me saying they would gladly talk to the police if it would help, they still haven't been contacted and its been over a month, and ive been unable to reach my assigned detective. i know i know their busy, just wished for once i could get attention from them apart from getting pulled over because my wheels are wide or my window tint is to dark 

As a car guy I am twitching inside with unsaddling urge to find that kid and bring him to your basement, you know ?... you, him, zip ties and a rusty pipe-wrench..... ok, seriously,  I am relieved that you and your family are safe, although the trauma related to such a nasty experience might be lingering in the background for quite a while. I am really sorry Neo. Stay strong.

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

As a car guy I am twitching inside with unsaddling urge to find that kid and bring him to your basement, you know ?... you, him, zip ties and a rusty pipe-wrench..... ok, seriously,  I am relieved that you and your family are safe, although the trauma related to such a nasty experience might be lingering in the background for quite a while. I am really sorry Neo. Stay strong.

Yeah seriously. And with all the new gun control laws in Canada, a man cant even have fun!

all kidding aside, just had some dude run up to my front door drop a large brown bag take a pic and take in an extremely fast walk..... at like 9:45pm..... Was like WTF ran to the door..... was Amazon delivery... I think I'm still on edge

God I really hate people sometimes.

I have a theory that my gear-up landing in my L-39 was caused by a jealous pilot who messed with my right main wheel. The cameras in the hangar the week prior “didn’t work”. I pretty much know who to suspect. The guy is also an A&P. Crossed swords a couple times, etc.. Cops were useless.

hang tough buddy. 

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

9 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

This is definitely why I keep my new Tacoma with a ton of after market on it in my garage.

…I have 2 cameras pointed at my Hilux. It’s the only one in Iowa, and draws a crowd every time I back out of the driveway- I also roll armed. Iowans are wonderful, but you never truly know-

P

33 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

…I have 2 cameras pointed at my Hilux. It’s the only one in Iowa, and draws a crowd every time I back out of the driveway- I also roll armed. Iowans are wonderful, but you never truly know-

P

Unfortunately cameras in my case only made insurance pay faster cuz it was clearly a crime. A good friend of mine got his truck stolen last week in another oart of the city, cameras too but its not stopping perps

5 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

God I really hate people sometimes.

I have a theory that my gear-up landing in my L-39 was caused by a jealous pilot who messed with my right main wheel. The cameras in the hangar the week prior “didn’t work”. I pretty much know who to suspect. The guy is also an A&P. Crossed swords a couple times, etc.. Cops were useless.

hang tough buddy. 

cheers

P

That is unreal… I know here in Austria that many privately owned aircraft have motion activated detectors with cameras installed on all main landing gear… they cameras capture everything… now I know why they do this… so sad… one of the most powerful forces in our world is jealousy and envy… the root of all evil. 

5 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Wow, Neo, that is crazy! 

I agree it is highly likely the idiot thought it was the previous owners' cars, but that doesn't make it better!

Completely agree with this