Thank you all for the warm welcome !

Jetmech57

This is the first time trying to use any kind of forum at all. I'm 68 and not up to speed on what to do, like what button to use ?, how to reply to someone.? What's that icon for ? etc..... I guess it will be a learning curve I hope you can all excuse my mistakes I'll be making !

A little of my history. A+P mechanic since 1975, US Navy vet. Worked for Grumman Aerospace for 14 years building all versions of the F-14 Tomcats, A-6E Intruders, EA-6B prowlers, EF-111 Ravens and all the first version aircraft prototypes and all of Grumman's chase and research planes. It was easy to research a model kit of one of them, I just went to work ! Spent my later years working on private corporation jets, Gulf Streams, Hawkers, Lear's..etc.. 

Now retired and disabled ( I spend a lot of time at the VA Hospital, a fun place to waste time ) I can now build to hearts content ! I hope I can help fellow builders out there if I can !

Thank you again for a warm welcome to you all !    Joe M

5 hours ago, Jetmech57 said:

This is the first time trying to use any kind of forum at all. I'm 68 and not up to speed on what to do, like what button to use ?, how to reply to someone.? What's that icon for ? etc..... I guess it will be a learning curve I hope you can all excuse my mistakes I'll be making !

A little of my history. A+P mechanic since 1975, US Navy vet. Worked for Grumman Aerospace for 14 years building all versions of the F-14 Tomcats, A-6E Intruders, EA-6B prowlers, EF-111 Ravens and all the first version aircraft prototypes and all of Grumman's chase and research planes. It was easy to research a model kit of one of them, I just went to work ! Spent my later years working on private corporation jets, Gulf Streams, Hawkers, Lear's..etc.. 

Now retired and disabled ( I spend a lot of time at the VA Hospital, a fun place to waste time ) I can now build to hearts content ! I hope I can help fellow builders out there if I can !

Thank you again for a warm welcome to you all !    Joe M

Welcome aboard chap! If you want to reply to someone directly, you can click on the word 'Quote' (bottom left of a person's message, next to the '+' sign) and it will open up a space for you to respond with their message already pasted in for you - that's what I've done to reply directly to you!

As a recently joined member I half expected to buy a few kits and I have done. I had not expected I would sell or pass on any kits, but I have done. I had not expected to buy and read a number of excellent books suggested by fellow members and I have done with great enjoyment. 

This community has happily surpassed my expectations, not to mention so many examples of good information and top class builds, generously shared and appreciated.

Welcome Joe.