HK 1/32 B-17E/F Lightning deal at Sprue Brothers

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

That’s still about $60.00 less than I paid for mine from the LHS (about 5 years ago) but for some reason it doesn’t hurt as much when you pay the lump and carry the box to the car over paying a lump going to checkout and having another lump to pay (shipping)

the lump I got when my sweetheart saw another model box is a different subject 

On 5/7/2023 at 10:21 AM, bevelduc said:

I finally did it! The cost for shipping was only $5.99. I live three states from Missouri !

Omg with that shipping i would have gotten 1 for sure.

This and the b-25 are on my bucket list

46 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Is this the kit that there was such a hubbub about the windshield /fuselage issue? I saw one built up and it looks like a dang ole B-17 to me, though I'm no expert on the thing.

Yes, the forward fuselage/windshield area is misshapen on the 1/32 scale kits.  It's circular where it should be flat on the top, the width of the windshield.  It also has other shape issues but if you're in the "It looks like a B-17" club then it'll be fine.  I got the original B-17G  release, opened the kit, took one look at it, held my nose, and immediately sold it; LOL, I am definitely NOT in the "It looks like a B-17" club.... I expected way more for my $300.

Edited by Juggernut

5 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Yes, the forward fuselage/windshield area is misshapen on the 1/32 scale kits.  It's circular where it should be flat on the top, the width of the windshield.  It also has other shape issues but if you're in the "It looks like a B-17" club then it'll be fine.  I got the original B-17G  release, opened the kit, took one look at it, held my nose, and immediately sold it; LOL, I am definitely NOT in the "It looks like a B-17" club.... I expected way more for my $300.

Gotcha, I don't really know a lot about B-17s so I'll yeild to the more knowledgable here. Yeah, have to agree with you ,for $300 plus they should've gotten it closer by all the comments I've read. I do know they botched the 1/48 one with the placement of the nacelles, even I picked up on that one.

Ooo ah.  My kit arrived yesterday. Big box!   My Border collie had a bark festival when she saw it.  

I do not know much about the B-17.  (Ask me about the Ju-88. My head is full of that.) Privileged to have the B-17  fly very low over my house during air shows.  What a great noise. I have seen three built and they do look good enough for me, all that aluminum. Enjoy