Border Models Lancaster Nose Art *FINISHED*

DugyB

29 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

So this is the very foward nose section foward of the main cockpit,  very interesting shot indeed, look at the handrail which is painted yellow and the camera mount which is red and silver. Then compare to the trolley colour? Also interesting is to see the glycol tank looks unpainted as well as the nose turret amo cans  and the canvas cover awaiting the camera lens. Great picture indeed!

Regards. Andy 

There one colour pic of the assembly line where the stands are red colour, not sure if the photo is a original colour image or if it’s been digitally coloured.  I think I’ll paint my a red colour, I like the stencils on this photo here, max load…. Gives me an idea…

Curiosity got the better of me so I measured and drilled the holes for the stand. Found a photo where they, many stands appear to be red.   A keen eye may notice I’ve sanded, scrapped away the seatbelts from the seat.  Waiting on the Quinta Studios interior set to arrive.

52809444803_3a05cb5995_b.jpg

And then further along a study of the LED lights shows me they should fit, that’s if I can hide them from plain sight. Wanted to have three lights but have decided two would be easier. Over the navigation table and one in the bomb aimers compartment. Time to put my aviation electrician skills to work. The shrink wrap needs to be removed along with the plastic insert from the LEDs.  Now where did my solder iron go?  The battery pack is a nice fit for the bomb bay. 

52809401530_7b3346946a_b.jpg

Edited by DugyB