Border Models Lancaster Nose Art *FINISHED*

DugyB

Ok, I’ll give this a try, Phantom of the Ruhr it’ll be.  Love the name for a Lancaster.  If successful this will be my first model built in 7 years or more.  So to say I am a bit rusty may be a exaggeration.  Not sold on the gate guard style of display so will pinch the trolley from the Hong Kong Models Lanc., and will along the way will see if I can get some led lights in.  

52738016949_95e739f022_b.jpg

Edited by DugyB

33 minutes ago, DugyB said:

Oh also, as this is my first time, any help would be a massive help.  I am on my IPad, using Flickr.  Have no idea how, but will do my best…cheers..

Cool project!

(BTW.  I am using Flickr to host my photos as well.  I use my laptop tho.)

I’ve just started building the full kit. My big tips so far……be very gentle when cutting parts from sprues. They’re so fine, that they’re easy to break. 
Tolerances are so tight that most parts will hold with friction, so when you’re painting…..be sure to clean any surfaces to be glued are cleaned up first or your parts won’t fit. 

46 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’ve just started building the full kit. My big tips so far……be very gentle when cutting parts from sprues. They’re so fine, that they’re easy to break. 
Tolerances are so tight that most parts will hold with friction, so when you’re painting…..be sure to clean any surfaces to be glued are cleaned up first or your parts won’t fit. 

Thanks for that tip, will do

7 hours ago, Finn said:

A b&w photo of a nose section on the stand, doesn't look yellow: 

PDunmoreG16010057.1.jpg

Jari

Massively interesting, mucho thanks…. Doesn’t look yellow at all. More black…. I am thinking about painting mine a British green colour…..with a decent amount of weathering…:hmmm:

So this is the very foward nose section foward of the main cockpit,  very interesting shot indeed, look at the handrail which is painted yellow and the camera mount which is red and silver. Then compare to the trolley colour? Also interesting is to see the glycol tank looks unpainted as well as the nose turret amo cans  and the canvas cover awaiting the camera lens. Great picture indeed!

Regards. Andy