Border Models Lancaster Nose Art *FINISHED*

DugyB

I’d say no to the posing of the belts. There’s a little flex in Quinta products which help them conform to shallow curves. But, they’re quite brittle if bent/twisted.

I’d maybe look at alternatives if you want that authentic, natural look to them. 

3 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’d say no to the posing of the belts. There’s a little flex in Quinta products which help them conform to shallow curves. But, they’re quite brittle if bent/twisted.

I’d maybe look at alternatives if you want that authentic, natural look to them. 

I concur.  perhaps DHW belts would be better for that purpoise porpoise purple pose  kinda thing

Edited by Landrotten Highlander

Test fitting a couple assemblies, it’s a tight fit. More detail painting, weathering up for tomorrow. Anyone know the original seat colour?  Am leaning towards a near black, black green for all three seats.  I’ll be able to use the 3D seatbelts as they are extremely flexible. 

52859226698_4295047b36_b.jpg

52858210097_9f8580a989_b.jpg

52858786091_c5c1fb4950_b.jpg

Edited by DugyB

Here’s a couple more pics, still moving forward…slow and steady wins the race:D

More weathering completed, have loosely put together a couple of the sub assemblies, fit is pretty tight.  Amazing enough I still have a lot of small parts to install, paint and weather and this is just in the rear section. Haven’t even started the bomb aimers compartment.  

52877074842_9587aea6b5_b.jpg

52877654876_2fcc2b7c09_b.jpg

Edited by DugyB