As part of my new-found obsession with Vietnam, I added two jets (A6-A, F-105) and one prop (Syraider) to the stash with whatever upgrades I could find on the market. In the case of ordnance, the consensus here was Reskit, though not all their products are generally available.

So I ordered them directly from Reskit in Ukraine.

The process was a bit of an eye-opener: the SECOND order arrived much earlier than the first, and when I emailed the Reskit folks about that, they replied "it doesn't happen often, but sometimes. Now all the parcels are transported by land to Poland, Latvia and Slovak Republic and from there to the countries of destination (because of the war, the old ways of our postal delivery are not working now). Therefore, delivery can take longer."

IRL (in real life) has new meaning in the current geopolitical situation. I'm posting this because the Reskit products are great, the Reskit team are superb, and no one should be nervous about ordering directly. Shipping was surprisingly reasonable, too.

True to Team Reskit's prediction, the second parcel arrived this week in perfect condition, about a week after the first.

Slava Ukraini.

If this is the wrong section, mods please move the thread. Thanks.

I recently saw that the Ukrainians are making those "Plane Tags" keychains using the skins of Russian aircraft they have shot down, to further fund the war effort lol. That's creative :-)

Good on ya for ordering from ResKit. Not only is it great ordering directly from a manufacturer, but their stuff really is very, very nice. And they have an obnoxiously large range of products!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Usually the challenge ordering direct is the shipping costs. The cost is built into the price of products sold by US retailers, but it avoids sticker shock. I recently compiled a cluster of 3D-printed accessories for my armor builds from a company in Greece. The shipping cost when I was ready to check out made me reconsider. I still haven't pulled the trigger.

1 hour ago, Bill Cross said:

Usually the challenge ordering direct is the shipping costs. The cost is built into the price of products sold by US retailers, but it avoids sticker shock. I recently compiled a cluster of 3D-printed accessories for my armor builds from a company in Greece. The shipping cost when I was ready to check out made me reconsider. I still haven't pulled the trigger.

It's been the same way for me with products out of England lately.

Kev

7 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

It's been the same way for me with products out of England lately.

Kev

Costs vary by national postal service. And some vendors cite "shipping & handling," which can mean almost anything.