New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

On 1/8/2023 at 1:12 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

It's funny that you mention Iconicair , I've been wanting to get his Spitefull kit , but sold out  I've never built a full on resin kit so I don'

t know if that would a good one to start out with. I'm willing to give it a go though 

The Iconicair Spiteful is a good kit, I found it to be a fairly straightforward build. has standard and extended carberetter intakes and serials for several different aircraft. you can also order a contra prop separately, which I did.

Rgds

jon 

Here's todays update with some really impressive photos:

"As expected: Mk XIV nose v7 print samples. The first part was black washed to show the rivet work. The carb intake add on fit very well, as is the wing root junction. So I can progress on the rads and other area with this out of my mind. Popping a good Belgian beer to celebrate! Cheers."

323102975_1410789942786288_6772742795873304124_n

322477443_1212281456308804_4106647266271792285_n

322405330_6213986225299004_5813581869502625548_n

I have inquired about price, too, now that he is a little further along.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

8 hours ago, jbrennan said:

The Iconicair Spiteful is a good kit, I found it to be a fairly straightforward build. has standard and extended carberetter intakes and serials for several different aircraft. you can also order a contra prop separately, which I did.

Rgds

jon 

Thank you for the input, much appreciated.Now I have to find one! And therein lies the catch, and remember I've never built a full on resin kit.

19 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Here's todays update with some really impressive photos:

"As expected: Mk XIV nose v7 print samples. The first part was black washed to show the rivet work. The carb intake add on fit very well, as is the wing root junction. So I can progress on the rads and other area with this out of my mind. Popping a good Belgian beer to celebrate! Cheers."

323102975_1410789942786288_6772742795873304124_n

322477443_1212281456308804_4106647266271792285_n

322405330_6213986225299004_5813581869502625548_n

I have inquired about price, too, now that he is a little further along.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Woow

Just wow.... then another wow. and then another one. Can someone stop me pls ?!

Just now, Tolga ULGUR said:

Woow

Just wow.... then another wow. and then another one. Can someone stop me pls ?!

Nope! I'm confident you and I are not the only ones impressed with this so far. I'm excited to build this along with a Kotare Spit, and show just how far it came.

I asked him about price, and he replied with the following: "I have my idea on the matter, but its a little early to settle on a price. Rest however assured I intend this to be very affordable."

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

14 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Thank you for the input, much appreciated.Now I have to find one! And therein lies the catch, and remember I've never built a full on resin kit.

You wouldn't really think you were building a resin kit, it feels and looks like any other modern limited run injection moulded kit. If you are after one you would have to order direct from Graham at Iconicair website.

Rgds

jon

43 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have a MKVIII also in the stash. Any word of having a vert.fin for the high back spits?

He mentioned in my inquiry about tailwheels that he would have parts to facilitate the conversion for all three versions of the Tamiya Spit, so I imagine he'll give us an appropriate tail piece/conversion rather than new fuselage halves for the high back kits to make bubble tops. Just reading between the lines however. Time will tell :)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

He mentioned in my inquiry about tailwheels that he would have parts to facilitate the conversion for all three versions of the Tamiya Spit, so I imagine he'll give us an appropriate tail piece/conversion rather than new fuselage halves for the high back kits to make bubble tops. Just reading between the lines however. Time will tell :)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

That is good news , will be able to have a stable of hotrod spits!

2 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Would it be out of line to mention to him that many of us are wide open to a pre order if he wishes?

great looking conversion so far.:wub:

Edited by williamj

7 minutes ago, williamj said:

Would it be out of line to mention to him that many of us are wide open to a pre order if he wishes?

great looking conversion so far.:wub:

I don't think that's out of line, no. But without a settled price yet, I'm not going to offer that up quite yet. But when the time is right, I'll mention that to him :-)

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA