New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

I'll definitely be getting one of these. I've already got a Tamiya Mk XVIe that I bought hoping to make a Mk XIVe out of. Really want to build the Race 80 one that raced in Cleveland in 1949. I picked up the Gray Matter conversion for the Hasegawa / Revell kits, and a few of the PCM Mk XIVc high back kits, but this looks like a winner to me.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:35 AM, F2G_lover said:

I'll definitely be getting one of these. I've already got a Tamiya Mk XVIe that I bought hoping to make a Mk XIVe out of. Really want to build the Race 80 one that raced in Cleveland in 1949. I picked up the Gray Matter conversion for the Hasegawa / Revell kits, and a few of the PCM Mk XIVc high back kits, but this looks like a winner to me.

I just scored one [MKXVI]! The prices are still a little high even after all these years, paid $150 for it but at least I got it. Now all I have to do is wait for this conversion to come out . Oh by the way , love your screen name I'm fond of the F2G also!!

2 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I just scored one [MKXVI]! The prices are still a little high even after all these years, paid $150 for it but at least I got it. Now all I have to do is wait for this conversion to come out . Oh by the way , love your screen name I'm fond of the F2G also!!

Thanks, the F2G Corsair and '80s / '90's Reno Super Corsair racers are my favorite planes of all time. Really hoping someone will do a new conversion kit for those. The few old F2G conversion kits I've seen on eBay went for way more than I could justify. If not, I guess I'll have to dust off some CAD skills and buy a 3D printer.

1 hour ago, F2G_lover said:

Thanks, the F2G Corsair and '80s / '90's Reno Super Corsair racers are my favorite planes of all time. Really hoping someone will do a new conversion kit for those. The few old F2G conversion kits I've seen on eBay went for way more than I could justify. If not, I guess I'll have to dust off some CAD skills and buy a 3D printer.

F2Gs were real animals! My father actually got to see them in action in Cleveland said they were tearing everyone else a new  one.

I checked their Facebook page again this morning, and the only update thus far is some more CAD work. It looks super nice. Plan is a 1-piece nose piece and 1-piece tail piece, with the other appropriate accoutrements (spinner, prop blades, etc.). Still no confirmed word on decals or masks.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

15 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

I checked their Facebook page again this morning, and the only update thus far is some more CAD work. It looks super nice. Plan is a 1-piece nose piece and 1-piece tail piece, with the other appropriate accoutrements (spinner, prop blades, etc.). Still no confirmed word on decals or masks.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

As I don't do Facebook, I'll rely on you to keep me up dated . So far this looks good to me !

5 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Thanks Dennis, do they have a contact email?

On 12/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

F2Gs were real animals! My father actually got to see them in action in Cleveland said they were tearing everyone else a new  one.

They had a recently restored one fly around at the Reno races - just demo, not race. Sounded cool. This was several years ago. Not sure where it is now.