New 1/32 Spitfire XIVe conversion on the way

Sage the Owl

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

I'm really looking forward to this. It's one mean looking bird. Looks like it should be in a cage when it's not flying; it just looks dangerous sitting there. I want one.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Of all the spitfire versions,it's the Griffon engine ones that really grab me . Real hot rods , and I'm a serious gearhead, love engines and always have!

12 hours ago, jbrennan said:

I have a 1/32 scale Spitfire Mk IX and Mk 14 post war trainer decal sheet done by DACO decals. Last time I looked they still do it.

Really prompt service too.

Rgds

jon.

Sorry I forgot add the DECO decal sheet is for Belgian Air Force post war Spits ^_^ !

Rgds

jon

Well, our fearless converter posted on his Facebook page that he spent the day folding and measuring (with a good old fashioned measuring tape) a restored XIV at the Spitfire Museum in Florennes, Belgium. For what it's worth, the one he was studying was a high-back variant (maybe we'll get lucky?). At least he's doing his homework!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

And here's today's update, and I even snagged a few photos for you non-Facebook folks.

"Nearing the end on the nose! Rivets and panels are 95% complete. And those propeller blades were funny as hell to loft. Dead accurate profiles (thank you again Andy!), good positioning references, a little guess work based on the pics, and voilà. I will soon be working again on the tail, and make a start on the wing rads."

320013020_868791480913892_3151025497519243029_n

319419512_710549314023028_4960432624915834031_n

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 6:16 PM, williamj said:

A gret decal sheet,  this was my Tmiya conversion.    XIVe

V6hT4f.jpg

I must have missed this stunning kit earlier on williamj.  Beautifully finished and realistic looking, even down to the photographic lighting which looks like afternoon sunlight !

Rgrds

jon

On 12/19/2022 at 11:51 PM, Dennis7423 said:

And here's today's update, and I even snagged a few photos for you non-Facebook folks.

"Nearing the end on the nose! Rivets and panels are 95% complete. And those propeller blades were funny as hell to loft. Dead accurate profiles (thank you again Andy!), good positioning references, a little guess work based on the pics, and voilà. I will soon be working again on the tail, and make a start on the wing rads."

320013020_868791480913892_3151025497519243029_n

319419512_710549314023028_4960432624915834031_n

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Looks amazing. The only question I have is when will it be out. Oh and will it be suitable for both the Mk VIII and IX kits ?

Rgds

jon

24 minutes ago, jbrennan said:

Looks amazing. The only question I have is when will it be out. Oh and will it be suitable for both the Mk VIII and IX kits ?

Rgds

jon

I'll be sure to post those updates once I see them on the fella's Facebook page. He seems to be moving right along... nose is almost done, and then he'll finish the tail, and start on the radiators.

As for kit compatibility, I don't see why it wouldn't work for all of Tamiya's Spitfire kits. Perhaps others can chime in with more details.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA